CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

How's your knife...

Sheldon

recieved this a few days ago, sage advice from someone that knows....

Liner locks suck.

I agree, but knives with the "old style lockback design" aren't very good for defense either.

I prefer a frame lock or Benchmade style Axis lock. I don't mind a liner lock if it has a backup mechanism to prevent unintentional disengagement of the blade, like some CRKT and Gerber knives feature.

I always carry at least two folders, typically a Zero Tolerance 0301 and a CRKT M16-14SF. If I want lighter weight, I substitute my Benchmade Mini-Griptilion for the Zero Tolerance knife.

My fixed blade of choice is the Bark River Knife & Tool Bravo 1, which was developed with the assistance of the Training Unit of the Force Recon Division of the U.S. Marine Corp.

The 1st rule of knife fighting: Don't!!
The 2nd rule: Have a good knife.

The 1st rule of knife fighting: Don't!!
The 2nd rule: Have a good knife.

Yeah being attacked by someone wielding a knife scares me more than if they were to have a gun. I have taken several of Gabe's classes one of them about knifes, and it is scary work....

Automatic

Anyone carry a fully auto side folder? I am thinking of getting one. Maybe a Boker, Schrade, CRKT or drop the dough and get a Buck auto. Link Removed

I picked up a Kershaw K.O. Tactical Blur K1670TBLKST last week and I'm very impressed with this knife. Great grip, sharp point and a very fast solid spring assist. I'm a fan of Tanto blades so I had to buy it.

Link Removed

I love my Kershaw but no auto knifes here in MI and Kershaw was considered an automatic knife my our last AG which happens to be our soon to be EX govenor.... our present AG fixed it in a ruling that they are not automatic as it requires you to instigate the opening of the blade manually and it is considered a spring assist....

I really like the Emerson's as well. I just wish they had something more confidence inspiring than a liner lock. The wave opening feature is awesome. It's actually faster to deploy than a switchblade. I have the Super Karambit II. I really like it other than the tendency for the blade to partially open in my pocket. I just don't put my hand in that pocket when I'm carrying it.

More Knife stuff from Gabe...

well said, i have a gerber ez-out folder a s&w extreme ops and my fixed blade is a gerber mk.1 commando dagger, served me well for 13yrs in the army!

Email