How to get permit for mass from nh

meused

Hi my names derek. I have just gotten my new hampshire conceiled permit and was wobdering how to go about going to get either open carry or concealed down there. Also if anyone knows about the laws in maine. I was planing ob going for a bike ride thru each state and would like to bring my sidearm with me

Sent from my SPH-L710 using USA Carry mobile app

Here's a link to G.O.A.L. web page with questions and answers about non resident LTC. $100.00 a year is not worth it though, especially when you have to do the same process every year.

Link Removed

Thank very helpful seems strange though that's its only tempoary. Now I own a smith and wesson sd40ve its a 14+1 is that considered the a class or high capacity.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using USA Carry mobile app

Class A is a High capacity permit. BUT, that gun would be illegal in Mass. unless is was manufactured prior to 1998. All high caps are banned unless they were manufactured prior to the high cap ban. I'm pretty sure G.O.A.L. has a link on their website for the state website of "approved" weapons. Before any gun manufacturer can sell a new model gun in MA they have to submit a certain number of them to the state, who will perform certain tests on them to determine their safety, etc. Also they can't be capable of accepting a high cap mag, so this means that when S&W wants to sell the sd40ve here, it has to have mods made to it so that it can't accept the mags that you have for YOUR sd40ve......... Also has to have a heavy trigger pull, I forget the exact pound of pull, but it's ridiculous. This state SUCKS. Many manufacturers refuse to submit their guns for testing, or to make a special model to be MA compliant. Many fine weapons that are out there for sale, are unavailable here.....

Going thru each State. Guessing you mean the 48 States.
There are States that, even when you passing thru could give you a very hard time.
I went cross country in 1999 but it was a different time.
The States I know you would have to be very careful:
New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware. Then closer to you : Mass, Conn, R.I.
Out West its more friendly but West Coast : Califorina Danger !

State Laws can change very fast ( See NYS Cuomo ) you should keep on this, right up to the day you leave.
Get a lock box. One approved by FAA. Some States will only except that for transportation.

~BEST~

I was under the impression that large capacity guns manufactured prior to 1994 were exempt from the large capacity ban...trouble is proving the magazine was manufactured prior 94 as they don't really mark them...the trigger pull is supposed to be 10lb pull....but once you get it you could drop a new trigger in with some mods
Class A is a High capacity permit. BUT, that gun would be illegal in Mass. unless is was manufactured prior to 1998. All high caps are banned unless they were manufactured prior to the high cap ban. I'm pretty sure G.O.A.L. has a link on their website for the state website of "approved" weapons. Before any gun manufacturer can sell a new model gun in MA they have to submit a certain number of them to the state, who will perform certain tests on them to determine their safety, etc. Also they can't be capable of accepting a high cap mag, so this means that when S&W wants to sell the sd40ve here, it has to have mods made to it so that it can't accept the mags that you have for YOUR sd40ve......... Also has to have a heavy trigger pull, I forget the exact pound of pull, but it's ridiculous. This state SUCKS. Many manufacturers refuse to submit their guns for testing, or to make a special model to be MA compliant. Many fine weapons that are out there for sale, are unavailable here.....

Ok, after reading everything on Mass. I am under the impression that I can not travel thru the state as a non res without having a tempory permit, even if the ammo is removed and stored locked seperate, and my handgun stored broke down and locked in a approved gun safe with a cable lock.
As a Truck driver, I travel each state. I am trying to be compliant. But if you cant even own a hand gun in your own home without a permit, and the non res tempory permit is so strict it takes you 6 months to get a permit for a year, then go through the same process to renew. What I read said you have to have such a specific reason to bring a gun into the state. I dont have a chance. Someone Tell me I misread.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back