How to call the police when you are old

kerstingm

I hope this is the right place to post this. I found this in my inbox and figured I just had to share it.
How to call the police when you are old

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I found this in my inbox and thought it was just to funny not the share.

---> HOW TO CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU'RE OLD.

George Phillips, an elderly man, from Meridian, Mississippi, was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window.

George opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked 'Is someone in your house?' He said 'No,' but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me. Then the police dispatcher said 'All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available.' George said, 'Okay.' He hung up the phone and counted to 30.

Then he phoned the police again. 'Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot them.' and he hung up.

Within five minutes, six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence, and caught the burglars red-handed. One of the Policemen said to George, 'I thought you said that you'd shot them!' George said, 'I thought you said there was nobody available!' (True Story) I LOVE IT! Don't mess with old people.

Funny how when you say you shot the robbers, how fast police who are too busy to come, show up at your house.

:angry:I guess the police think its ok to lie. This story is funny and unfortuneatly an example of the "protection' the police want us to live with.

IMHO You did the right thing

So You call the police and they are busy, ok. Your property can be replaced.

so looks like there is now a priority for Police to respond.

Bad guys got shot.. All units respond.
old guys property is being taken....Pleas hold...all units are unavailable.

I'm glad you and your family are ok.

Maybe the police are filtering calls now..due to budget cuts.

Funny story but oh so true. I just recently called about a burglary across the street from me. The police got there about three minutes after they left. It took them 35 minutes to respond. I came so very close to putting a round through their radiator as they came out from behind his shop. Might do it next time and then disappear myself.

Thanks for the awesome response on this. I lived in a gated community one time when I came home to three guys robbing me. Saw my ammo box out in the middle of the garage so I knew they had my guns. I ran in called the front gate said three guys in a Ryder moving truck just robbed me. The guard said he sees the truck, I said stop it, he said he was not allowed to stop anybody from leaving. He didn't even get the license number. I didn't get it either, but figured he was trained to do so. Anyway they got away and I lost all of my stuff.

Thanks for the awesome response on this. I lived in a gated community one time when I came home to three guys robbing me. Saw my ammo box out in the middle of the garage so I knew they had my guns. I ran in called the front gate said three guys in a Ryder moving truck just robbed me. The guard said he sees the truck, I said stop it, he said he was not allowed to stop anybody from leaving. He didn't even get the license number. I didn't get it either, but figured he was trained to do so. Anyway they got away and I lost all of my stuff.

I am willing to bet the guard was in on it. If it is a gated community they would have to say who or what house they are dropping off or picking up from. If that did not happen what is the purpose of paying for the guard and gate to be there?

This is going from the gated community I had to deliver moving boxes to here in Washington state. They asked what house and they called the home owner to check and see if they had arranged for a moving company to come to their house. After getting the ok from the home owner He let us in. When we left there was no one stopping us we were free to leave once the gate opened on it own. So from this experience I take it the the Guard and gates are only there to keep people out who have no business being there.

Here in AK folks get use to the Troopers taking at least 30 minutes to respond if you call,unless one happens to be in your neck of the woods. And I'm only 8 miles out of Wasilla. If you get robbed,say a snowmanchine,ATV,I've been asked to just provide dispatch with the description and VIN number. I hear we now have a Trooper or two more now patrolling the area,so they may now provide better service. It sucks for everyone here when a call may send them 80 miles or more away and the call requires a backup Trooper.

Here in AK folks get use to the Troopers taking at least 30 minutes to respond if you call,unless one happens to be in your neck of the woods. And I'm only 8 miles out of Wasilla. If you get robbed,say a snowmanchine,ATV,I've been asked to just provide dispatch with the description and VIN number. I hear we now have a Trooper or two more now patrolling the area,so they may now provide better service. It sucks for everyone here when a call may send them 80 miles or more away and the call requires a backup Trooper.

Or like when they have a high speed chase that goes for 150 miles.

That chase was too funny. Seems the brass-was too worried about dinging up their patrol cars,down in the state they would have had the car spun out within the first 75 miles:pleasantry: As many truckers pulling doubles to Fairbanks,they could have stopped the Meth head sooner. Personally seen it done.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back