How soon after qualification do I need to go to Sheriff's Office?

Rev.Sasquatch

Hey all,
New to the forum here, I had a few questions about timing. I am a resident of St. Louis County and would like to get my CCW soon, but I'll be at college, away from home, starting in late august. There are a few possibilities here, and I want to know which are feasible. 1. Take the CCW class before the end of the month, take paperwork to sheriff's office, (presumably) get approved...then what? If the sheriff sends a note to my home saying I've been approved, and I'm out of town, will that approval "expire" if I don't get actually get my endorsement within a few days? 2. Take my CCW class before the end of August, get certification from instructor, then wait until I'm home for the winter, so I'll be around when the approval arrives in the mail. Both of these revolve around the certificate not having an "expiration date"-- that is, if I qualified in August, will they still accept that qualification in November/December?
Thanks in advance for your help! If anything is unclear, let me know and I'll try to clarify.
Ben

after the class has been taken you have exactly 1 yr from the date of class to get it to the sheriffs office and then 7 days to get to DMV once you sign the paperwork.

Be safe out there.

Thanks for your reply! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to end up making myself or anyone else do things twice. Just to clarify; if the mail from the sheriff's office saying I've been "approved" sits on my kitchen counter for 2 or 3 weeks while I'm away, that's fine; the 7 day limit only kicks in once I've actually signed the certificate at the sheriff's office? Thanks again for your help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back