How often do you dry fire?

s0nspark

Talk is Cheap!!
My current dry fire practice routine averages 3-4 times a week for at least 15 minutes... I want to make more time for it, though. It has really improved my handling and how well "the gun" points :)

Do you dry fire? How often? Any special drills?

I don't dry fire at all. Every couple of weeks I spend an hour or so live firing. I do practice draw and point with an empty gun maybe once a week for a couple minutes, but don't actually pull the trigger. The range I shoot at does not allow movement when firing, so I also practice drawing and shooting on the move with an airsoft gun every couple of weeks as well. It's not ideal, but its better than no practice.

I don't dry fire at all. Every couple of weeks I spend an hour or so live firing. I do practice draw and point with an empty gun maybe once a week for a couple minutes, but don't actually pull the trigger. The range I shoot at does not allow movement when firing, so I also practice drawing and shooting on the move with an airsoft gun every couple of weeks as well. It's not ideal, but its better than no practice.

Range rules are what got me interested in dry fire - I wanted to be able to work on drawing from concealment. My trigger control has improved over time too. I also do not get to shoot as much as I'd like... honestly, I would shoot every day if I had the ammo and time :)

I dry fire my actual gun a few times a week. I also have an Airsoft replica of my gun and I practice drawing and firing out in my garage a few times a week also.I had to add a little weight to the Airsoft to get it up to around the weight of the actual one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back