How Many People Legally Carry Concealed in the USA?

DWC

I have not been able to find an answer or even a current estimate to this question. Any help will be appreciated.

Semper Fi,

Last year a database with the names of over 900,000 New York State concealed carry permit holders was released by New York State to a person who filed a freedom of information law request for the information.

Texas has about 450,000 SSW holders.

So I'd guess the total number for all states is over 3 million.

There is no way to estimate, multiple states now have constitutional carry, so in theory any non-felon in those states can choose to carry.

MN has at least 85,000 permits issued as of last year.

pafoa.org list the number of permits that were issues by each county in Pennsylvania for the past few years. They also the number of permits that were revoked by county. No names, just numbers.

Regarding a license, I don't believe the document is confidential information. I have a social work license, and have noticed that my name and place of employment have mysteriously shown up on few healthcare ratings websites.

In 2008 here in Florida there were over 500,000 permit holders. Considering how busy the licensing offices have been since then, I'd imagine that number has grown significantly.

Ccw

Thats why they call it concealed carry. If the "Bad Guy" knew who you were you might become one dead puppy.

In terms of number of permits issued, the total is running about 6 million. Add up the numbers here: Link Removed

As to how many of those actually carry, your guess is as good as anyone's.

I see you've already been given a website with gross numbers, DWC. There's also one here with percentages to save you the trouble of looking up state populations and doing the math if that's a stat you're also interested in.

As already pointed out though, those numbers are based on permits issued. I've never seen a guesstimate of what percentage of permit holders actually exercise the privilege on a regular basis.

I believe that it is nobody's business. But in some counties/cities here in WV when someone gets a permit it is put in that area's local paper. As someone else said on that topic what if someone is trying to protect themselves from an abusive spouse all that person has to do is look in the paper and know that person now has a permit. To me it is our right and our business!

pafoa.org list the number of permits that were issues by each county in Pennsylvania for the past few years. They also the number of permits that were revoked by county. No names, just numbers.

Regarding a license, I don't believe the document is confidential information. I have a social work license, and have noticed that my name and place of employment have mysteriously shown up on few healthcare ratings websites.

Don't you hate how sometimes things about yourself just "show up" on the computer?

I hope nobody actually knows. That's a step toward registration. The contrivance of permit (for a fee) in the free exercise of an enumerated civil right is unconstitutional. This practice only exists where it is allowed to exist by the voters.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back