How do you practice?

it's not really how many rds you fire currently, it' show many you have fired in the past, how much dryfiring, Airsoft, etc, you have done/do. In other words, how good are you, at the stuff that matters, not the silly slowfire, small groups baloney. the superfast, from concealment stuff 2-6 hits on the chest, at 10 ft, in less than 1.5-2 seconds, including the ccw draw. Almost nobody works enough on this .

I agree with this. I practice at 7, 10 and 15 feet daily (indoor gargage range/bullet trap with .22 S&W 317 ) and at those ranges plus 21 feet at range with 642 and 637. I fire 5 shots fast and goal is to keep them in 5 1/2 " circle( Shoot and See targets) 21 feet is the longest shot I would have in my home and the other ranges are what I expect would be my "circle of encounter" on street.

I fired for over two decades on Marine Corps pistol teams but I have no illusions about the "real thing" allowing me the luxury of fancy shooting. I think it will be close and over before I realize I have even fired my revolver. If it is further away, Escape and Evasion is my tactics of choice.

Laser bullet, blue magazines, SEB target at about 10 feet. Three times per week, about 20 - 30 minutes. Practice drawstroke, trigger control, first shot, speed reloads, etc. all with lateral movement and with 90 - 180 degree turns. Use combat-focus shooting app on ipod for rapid target detection and first shot on SEB.

Unfortunately, most gun ranges do not allow you to practice drawing from a holster. I'm somewhat surprised that ranges that have competition match days don't have "holster drawing day" or something similar.

I personally don't believe that only shooting from a drawn position is the most productive for me. Knowing how to use my gun holsters, both for my employment and off duty, is essential for me and should be for everyone else. Fortunately, I shoot at the range twice a week where drawing from the holster is allowed.

I also use a laser training bore a four times a week. In addition to simply shooting a fixed target, I also use a projector with a camera hooked up to my laptop that runs some target practice games. For instance, a ball that bounces around the screen that you have to shoot.

If you know enough to use a front pants pocket rig, you can seriously cut down on the amount of draw practice needed, cause you've already got a LIFETIME of practice putting your hand into that pocket! :) If you know to get your hand inthat pocket, on that gun, anytime you feel "hinky' about a given person or situation, you are WAY ahead of the fastet man alive, if he is using a concealed belt rig. Some practice is needed, of course, especially at getting the gun to eye level and both hands on it, after the pocket draw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back