How can I check the status of my CWP

NewlyEnthused

During our class, we were told that the applications go first to Quantico, then Sled, then local Sheriff.
The instructor also said not to keep calling SLED for update.
But, with all the electronic information out there, is there a way to electronically (internet) check where my application is?

None appears available on the SLED website. Call them and ask.

It seems odd that your CWP application would go to either the FBI Academy, or to the Marine Base at Quatico. I suppose anything is possible.

It seems odd that your CWP application would go to either the FBI Academy, or to the Marine Base at Quatico. I suppose anything is possible.

We were told that our application went to the FBI office in Quantico for background checks. I never checked to see what FBI offices are there. Kinda makes me curious.

We were told that our application went to the FBI office in Quantico for background checks. I never checked to see what FBI offices are there. Kinda makes me curious.

The three biggest sources of misinformation regarding firearms law continues to prove themselves to be CWP instructors, LEOs and gun shop employees (in no particular order). Your fingerprints for the CWP will go to the FBI Criminal Justice Information Services Division in Clarksburg, West Virginia for a summary background check - not Quantico, VA. Your CWP instructor has been watching too much NCIS on TV....

FBI ? CJIS

You might find this useful:
http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/concealed-carry-issues-discussions/51810-sc-cwp-question.html

The three biggest sources of misinformation regarding firearms law continues to prove themselves to be CWP instructors, LEOs and gun shop employees (in no particular order).
THIS! I always wonder when I hear things like this what other totally incorrect words of wisdom have been passed along by the "instructor". The most common seems to be that if you have any contact with the po po you have to produce your CWP even if you're not carrying. Number two is that's it's a federal offense to carry into a bank. Proof in my mind that the entire mandatory permitting system is worthless...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back