House considers bill for for all states to recognize your home state permit

Actually, this law would be completely constitutional, given Article IV Section 1 of the Constitution. Not that many states honor that clause though.

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

Congress has full authority to enforce the 2nd Amendment. This law just does it nicely by allowing the States to continue to issue permits...as oppose to Congress just sweeping in and saying everybody can carry anywhere.

My goodness, some here have absolutley no clue what our rights are..... ANY LAW AT ALL THAT HAS TO DO WITH ANYTHING ABOUT FIREARMS IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL, PERIOD.... Can you grasp that even a tiny bit?

ANY LAW that may actually partially rescind the infringments of other UnConstitutional laws IS STILL AN INFRINGMENT!!!!

By promoting this legislation, YOU ARE ACKNOWLEDGING THE (false) VALIDITY OF ALL OTHER LAWS THAT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THAT WHICH "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" and are agreeing that they have the power/right to do this....

How much more simple can I state this so you can understand it?

Actually, this law would be completely constitutional, given Article IV Section 1 of the Constitution. Not that many states honor that clause though.

So, by infringing on something that "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" it is "completely Constitutional"? You need to think about this a lot more....

Exactly how would you realistically propose that we recover our Second Amendment Rights? And don't give the old saw that they are our rights and we should have them. Propose your plan on how to recover our rights in your world of reality.
Very simple.... DEMAND the IMMEDIATE REPEAL of EVERY law that has anything to do with firearms and settle for nothing less... Any more questions?

Am I delusional and think this is ever going to happen? No........ Well, delusional maybe, lol but no way will the government EVER give up the power it has stolen from us...

Very simple.... DEMAND the IMMEDIATE REPEAL of EVERY law that has anything to do with firearms and settle for nothing less... Any more questions?

Those demands have been made many, many times. I asked for your proposal on how to get back to where we have our constitutional rights back and you speak of demanding them. That has not and will not accomplish anything.

Obviously you have no plan. At least not in the real world of reality.

Those demands have been made many, many times. I asked for your proposal on how to get back to where we have our constitutional rights back and you speak of demanding them. That has not and will not accomplish anything.

Obviously you have no plan. At least not in the real world of reality.

If you dont like my "plan" that does NOT mean it isnt still a "plan" even IF it has been tried before and failed...

If you dont like my "plan" that does NOT mean it isnt still a "plan" even IF it has been tried before and failed...

Our Second Amendment rights have been gradually eroded through the years by various court rulings, laws passed by state and federal legislatures, as well as county and city laws restricting our rights. We cannot get them back by demanding that it be so. That is what I meant by you not having a plan.

We will get them back by taking steps in the same manner they were taken away, a piece at at time at the city, county, state and federal level. My plan is to work through the NRA and do what I can to chip away at the mishmash of laws that restrict our rights. I will work at the state and federal level by making my representatives aware of the consequences of not returning my rights to me and of further taking them away.

Those consequences include them being voted out of office. The NRA works extremely hard to elect folks that respect the Second Amendment and works equally hard to get those who wish to further restrict our Second Amendment rights. And it works in many cases.

I am with you in wishing we had the same Second Amendment rights we had when I was a kid in the 1950's and earlier, but wishing won't get the job done. We have to work every day to defeat the antigun crowd because they are working every day to get our guns.

Perhaps my "plan" won't work any better than yours, but at least I am doing something. I am an NRA Election Volunteer Coordinator for my legislative district, trying to get reps elected that support the Second Amendment and working to get laws passed at the state level that do the same. I am a recruiter for the NRA, a NRA certified instructor in six areas, which allows me to promote the Second Amendment in my classes. I have a FFL and also teach Concealed Carry classes for my state.

I am Chairman of our local Friends of the NRA group, which raises money that ultimately comes back to my area in the form of grants that support youth shooting events and other shooting forums.

So you can see that I am at least doing something that may help protect yours and mine Second Amendment rights. It is useless to "Demand" changes be made because that will never happen unless we all work to make it happen.

Now, what have you done lately to get back our Second Amendment Rights?

OMG.... YOU (NRA)are one of the main reasons our Rights have been lost!!!!! The NRA is a bunch of compromisers, and have given up so much of our 2nd amendment rights they should be one of the Brady bunches favorite organizations!!!

IF you are actually serious about the 2nd amendment, at least work for an organization that actually stands up for it like GOA.......

OMG.... YOU (NRA)are one of the main reasons our Rights have been lost!!!!! The NRA is a bunch of compromisers, and have given up so much of our 2nd amendment rights they should be one of the Brady bunches favorite organizations!!!

IF you are actually serious about the 2nd amendment, at least work for an organization that actually stands up for it like GOA.......

And the GOA has had so much success in.......Oh yeah, nowhere. Please point out where the GOA has been responsible for regaining Second Amendment Rights on their own efforts. I seriously would like to know.

And the GOA has had so much success in.......Oh yeah, nowhere. Please point out where the GOA has been responsible for regaining Second Amendment Rights on their own efforts. I seriously would like to know.

You have the right to continue to be ignorant, just dont try and say that you represent gun owners when you fight for your compromises... Fighting for a lie, no matter how nice it sounds is still fighting for a lie.......

You have the right to continue to be ignorant, just dont try and say that you represent gun owners when you fight for your compromises... Fighting for a lie, no matter how nice it sounds is still fighting for a lie.......

I see, when you have nothing to add, you resort to name calling and untruths. Is that your plan to get back our gun rights. I am still waiting to see what you have done lately in that area.

Actually this whole issue is a replay of the Sen. Thune(R)Concealed Carry Reciprocipity,Bill before the Mid Term Elections. I was interested until a friend (in Gov. service) informed me about a month before the bill came up for a vote that a deal was already in the works for a bunch of Democratic Senators, up for reelection, with not so serling records regarding 2d Ammendment issues to vote FOR the bill (Harry Reid, Max Baucus, & ETC) and that enough Republican Senators had agreed to vote NO on the bill so it could not overcome the 60 vote threashold to overcome a filibuster. I expect something along the same line may be going on this time as well for the 2012 elections. Just keep an eye on how this turns out and who votes for it and who votes against it.

Fine rabbitcreekok.... please show us ANY "law" that the nra fought for that isnt an infringement on our 2nd amendment rights in one way or another.....
Remember... ANY law that does not line up with the Constitution and BOR is an invalid or infringing "law".......

Fine rabbitcreekok.... please show us ANY "law" that the nra fought for that isnt an infringement on our 2nd amendment rights in one way or another.....
Remember... ANY law that does not line up with the Constitution and BOR is an invalid or infringing "law".......

No, I am still waiting for your plan to get back our Second Amendment Rights. I really would like to see it. I am not being antagonistic, I am open minded. I just hate to see groups who claim to be working for our Second Amendment rights fighting each other. What if we all got together and did not fight over stupid turf ideas and really tried to do something. I think only good things would happen, but I doubt that the groups will overcome the turf wars.

JMHO

OK

Friday, April 16, 2010

Today, Arizona Governor Jan Brewer (R) signed an important NRA-backed bill into law, which removes the licensure requirement for law-abiding citizens who choose to carry a concealed firearm in the state of Arizona. Senate Bill 1108 passed the state House on April 8, by a vote of 36-19 with five absent votes and the state Senate by a vote of 20-10 in late March.

“This is a major victory for gun owners in Arizona, and I would like to thank Governor Jan Brewer, as well as the primary bill sponsor, Senator Russell Pearce (R-Mesa), for their leadership in working to improve the self-defense rights of law-abiding citizens in Arizona," said Chris W. Cox, executive director of NRA-ILA. “Both Governor Brewer and state Senator Pearce have been strong supporters of the NRA. The NRA is also grateful to the legislators who voted for this measure making Arizona the third state in the nation behind Vermont and Alaska to offer its residents a constitutional carry option."

SB 1108 replaces Arizona’s former law, which required anyone who wished to defend themselves outside their home to possess a state-issued concealed carry permit. In Arizona’s constitution, Article 2, Section 26 states "the right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the state shall not be impaired…" The intention of this language could not be clearer.

Arizona residents will still be required to obtain a permit to carry concealed firearms across state lines in those states that have reciprocity agreements with Arizona.

"SB 1108 will enhance the rights of law-abiding Arizonans," concluded Cox.

The effective date for this bill has yet to be determined.

No, I am still waiting for your plan to get back our Second Amendment Rights. I really would like to see it. I am not being antagonistic, I am open minded. I just hate to see groups who claim to be working for our Second Amendment rights fighting each other. What if we all got together and did not fight over stupid turf ideas and really tried to do something. I think only good things would happen, but I doubt that the groups will overcome the turf wars.

JMHO

I ALREADY gave it to you, but you hid your head in the sand and cried "it wont work"...... Too bad, it would have been nice if you would have helped fight for our actual rights instead of compromising every chance you could....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back