Hospitals

Cnjtnt

RCW 9.41.300
And elsewhere I have looked, does not seem to imply that hospitals are off limits. Any other codes regarding hospitals, birthing centers, etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RCW 9.41.300
And elsewhere I have looked, does not seem to imply that hospitals are off limits. Any other codes regarding hospitals, birthing centers, etc?

Nope. RCW 9.41.300 is it. Only prohibits firearms in the restricted area of the mental health portion of a hospital. Why?

Wife is expecting. Want to know if I can carry when she delivers.

Wife is expecting. Want to know if I can carry when she delivers.

The hospital can (and probably is) private property and they can have their own company policy prohibition against firearms, which would be trespassing if you didn't leave when asked to. A hospital operated by a county or municipal government would be prohibited from banning firearms by state preemption law, RCW 9.41.290.

But if not asked to, I should be good, according to my interpretation of trespass. Security at said facility were not carrying, which concerns me.

But if not asked to, I should be good, according to my interpretation of trespass. Security at said facility were not carrying, which concerns me.

You should be good to go, unless you have a run in with Alex220, the cop from the thread previous to yours. Also, some universities have prohibition against firearms on campus contained in the Washington Administrative Code. Again, these prohibitions are the same as "company policy", but if the hospital is part of a university and part of the campus, their prohibition would be expressed in the Washington Administrative Code, which is just what it says, "Administrative" and not criminal statutes.

RCW 9.41.300
HD

Just had a daughter a few months ago myself. Carried concealed all 3 days I was there without issue. I also work for a security company whose biggest contract is a major private hospital. None of the on-site hospital security is armed, however our armed-patrol division responds to any major incident there and we handle all ER lockdowns. If there is any type of gang related shooting or stabbing with the possibility for retaliation, we lockdown the ER and search everybody thats comes in. That is the only time that firearms are strictly prohibited from the property.

Curious about hospitals that receive public money support from the local government (e.g., tax specifically for hospital). Does this make them "private" enough since they are not directly government owned and have other funding sources, or government enough to fall under the state laws preventing rules prohibiting carry on the premises?

Curious about hospitals that receive public money support from the local government (e.g., tax specifically for hospital). Does this make them "private" enough since they are not directly government owned and have other funding sources, or government enough to fall under the state laws preventing rules prohibiting carry on the premises?

If you receive unemployment from the state as your sole means of support, does that mean that you can't prohibit firearms in your home? The hospital would actually have to be run as part of the city/county government and under their control to be preempted. Also, state run hospitals could still prohibit firearms exactly the same way that state universities do in Washington - the prohibition would be in their own section of Washington Administrative Code and would be enforceable under trespassing - not a firearms violation.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back