Hornady Zombie Max Ammo

buckslayer

I honestly had no idea where to put this video, but what do you all think of this stuff from Hornady? Even if it isn't any better than my current defense ammo, I'd darn sure buy it for a novalty item.

What about you?

I plan to buy some for the novelty of it but from what I've gathered its the same as the standard self defense ammo but with a bright green tip and cool looking box.

I will definitely bus a few boxes ! I'll carry it in my Kahr CM9 for sure. Conveniently this comes out just days before "The Walking Dead" returns to AMC, does anyone else watch it? I'm pretty pumped for Sunday night !

It appears that it would be no more useful than regular self defense ammo, but I HAVE TO HAVE SOME!

The walking dead rocks! Unfortunatly it meant the end of the season for breaking bad though :( for those who missed the first season of the walking dead they are re airing the first season Sunday. There's only 6 episodes in the first season and the new episode airs that night

Cotillion:235947 said:
The walking dead rocks! Unfortunatly it meant the end of the season for breaking bad though :( for those who missed the first season of the walking dead they are re airing the first season Sunday. There's only 6 episodes in the first season and the new episode airs that night

Im on netflix. I get to wait about 8months or so :(

Great Marketing Idea!

Cool commercial! I'll have to get a few boxes. With zombies, you just NEVER know when they'll start digging their way to the surface.

Very cool. Love it! I think they've finally come up with something to replace my Critical Defense Ammo!

Wait...it does work on the living, too, right?

I thought it was a joke, but I went to the Hornady site and it's real. So I'm going to get a couple boxes for the fun of it.

My plan for ridding of zombies will be the voting booth next year.
But just in case, I'll join in with the back up plan: Link Removed

Very cool. Love it! I think they've finally come up with something to replace my Critical Defense Ammo!

Wait...it does work on the living, too, right?
Nope, check the disclaimer. For use on zombies only. But I think the green tip will go nicely with my red tip stuff. Actually it sounds quite christmassy.

Seriously, though, think about this:

Sure, its great as a novelty item. Heck, its on my Christmas list! And it would probably work splendidly as a self defense ammo.

But would you REALLY want to be on the stand as a defendant in a homicide case, trying to justify Zombie Max as your self defense ammo if choice? That, in itself, would be the stuff of nightmares. A prosecutor would have a field day with you, tearing down your image as a responsible, sensible, gun owner. Plus, good luck finding a law enforcemwnt agency that equips its officers with the same ammo to cite as a basis for your choice.

Hate to be the untra-sensible party pooper, but although you may find Zombie Max proudly displayed amongst other curios in my home, you'll never find it in my guns.

Somebody just had to take this thread down the "you will go to jail if you use it" trail. It's the same as their Critical defense/hunting ammo, just a different color polymer insert. I will buy some and may not use it, but not for your reason but for the collectability. Only NJ (and military) prohibits HP rounds, the brand is not in question. BTW PR, I'm sorry you live in CA and can't OC anymore.

golddigger14s:238324 said:
Somebody just had to take this thread down the "you will go to jail if you use it" trail. It's the same as their Critical defense/hunting ammo, just a different color polymer insert. I will buy some and may not use it, but not for your reason but for the collectability. Only NJ (and military) prohibits HP rounds, the brand is not in question. BTW PR, I'm sorry you live in CA and can't OC anymore.

LOL. I'm sorry I live in CA, too. And for the record, I never OC'd. Wouldn't even if I could.

I don't question the brand. Hornady is quality ammo, and I use much of their reloading equipment. The round is undoubtedly top notch. I'm just an incurable realist when it comes to the court system.

I got the pistol ammo for christmas gifts, plannin to use some of the rifle rounds for a deer or 2 before this seasons over.

And yes it is just the critical defense ammo with a bright color insert. Oh and it was selling for a little cheaper than the critical defense too.

Discaimler

But please note, Hornady Zombie Max ammunition is not a toy. It is intended only to be used on zombies, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Zombie Max ammunition.

Again, we repeat, Zombie Max ammunition is for use on zombies only - that's not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say zombies, we mean zombies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back