Holsters???

OldTimer

OK let me start by saying I bought a holster (Gazelle) on ebay before I received my kimber. It feels good but i carried it on the small of my back and every time i pressed up against something it would hit my magazine release and the clip would pop open :( Thinking on ordering a crossbread supertuck? Any thoughts? I like to carry at 5 or small of my back. Thanks for any advice

First off - your Kimber does not have a clip. It has a magazine. Only M1 Garands and similar rifles use clips.

Secondly - small of back is not an ideal place to carry. If you get knocked down (which is possible in many mugging scenarios) before you get your firearm out - then you risk severe spinal injury or paralysis if that gun (or other hard object like a magazine carrier or cuff case) is over your spine when you impact. I strongly recommend adjusting your carry position to somewhere between 3-4 o'clock. (I personally carry at 3:30.)

With that said - Crossbreed holsters do get good reviews, though I've not tried them myself.

Phillip Gain;31203 small of back is not an ideal place to carry. If you get knocked down (which is possible in many mugging scenarios) before you get your firearm out - then you risk severe spinal injury or paralysis if that gun (or other hard object like a magazine carrier or cuff case) is over your spine when you impact. I strongly recommend adjusting your carry position to somewhere between 3-4 o'clock. (I personally carry at 3:30.).[/QUOTE said:
Well stated! Another point to consider is the position of your gun: is the butt facing forward (rear cross draw)? if so you also increase you chance to accidentally yourself as the muzzle generally turns toward your body when drawing.

My wife has a Crossbreed Mini for her LCP, a Crossbreed Max for a PT111, I have WhiteHats for Springfield XD Sub, LCP, & M&P. All great holsters. I carry one 90% of the time.

SOB carry looks cool in movies but like the others have said, it is dangerous to you.

I have a drawer of holsters now from having tried so many.

I would find one, and then another comes along that might be better. The process repeats until I have several that I now use regularly.

It a real personal thing.

-Doc

I'm a real old timer.

I carry a CDPII in a Remora clipless holster and it stay put and is very comfortable.

I have an Crimson Ultra carry that I carry all the time. I was using a DeSantis nylon holster and I was OK with the way it felt and concealed. I was on ebay a coule of weeks ago and found a Crossbreed knockoff from Foxx holsters. I have to say, it is the most comfortable holster I have ever used. After 10-15 minutes, you don't even know you are carrying.

i've yet to holster but when i do i'm thinking seriously about the crossbreed supertuck for when i wear pants with belt loops and still haven't decided which way to carry whilst wearing elastic banded skirts
i did buy a fanny pack for that option but i think it's way too big and bulky and still can't count on always getting a smooth dependable draw from it esp when the velcro is securing it as well so
i still looking on options that way and i don't want to waste money on tons of holsters that won't fit or feel comfortable or like that fanny pack have to fumble around too much making a quick draw
best wishes to all

I have a Crossbreed Super Tuck which I like very much. Very comfortable, deep concealment, excellent quality. I highly recommend the holster. That said, check out the ComTac M-Tac Minotaur which I also have, use for EDC and prefer. I think it's a better built holster. You can't go wrong with either.
JL

OK let me start by saying I bought a holster (Gazelle) on ebay before I received my kimber. It feels good but i carried it on the small of my back and every time i pressed up against something it would hit my magazine release and the clip would pop open :( Thinking on ordering a crossbread supertuck? Any thoughts? I like to carry at 5 or small of my back. Thanks for any advice
If I may suggest a hip type holster worn on your strong side right behind hip. there's a sweet spot that affords good conceal ability as well as comfort. seems a better choice maybe than sob. Also it allows pretty good comfort when seated in vehicle. Another advantage is when you are facing someone, it will allow you some security as it makes it a little harder for someone to snatch your gun. A good practice is to always stand a little to the left or right side of someone facing you, depending on what side of your body you are holstered. In other words the gun will be on side furthest away from person in front of you. What this also does is it keeps that person a little off balance making them have to adjust to where you are standing

I have a drawer of holsters now from having tried so many.

I would find one, and then another comes along that might be better. The process repeats until I have several that I now use regularly.

It a real personal thing.

-Doc

Just try being a girl. I think I have more holsters than shoes...

Alien Gear is like Crossbreed but thicker leather and cheaper. I loved the one I got for my Shield, so I got one for my Rhino! I'll have to take some pictures later... it's pretty funny how huge it is on me! Very comfy, though.

Check out hiddenhybridholsters.com the best bang for the buck I've seen. Superior to Crossbreed and Comp-Tac by far.
Jim L.

Just try being a girl. I think I have more holsters than shoes...

I hear ya!!! My wife has tons of holsters for her two primary CC guns (Sig P238 & Ruger LCP), she has tried CrossBreed Mini-Tuck, White Hat, Old Faithful, Remora, and a few custom Kydex holsters. What she has found to be the "most comfortable" is the Link Removed . Even though it is similar to the other hybrids she claims it to be "the most comfortable holster yet". Flashbang also has several other options for women.

I have a few holsters for both my 380 SW Bodyguard as well as my Sig P938. All my holsters work with either gun. The holster I have found to better than the rest is the Smart Carry. I have been wearing every day for about a year now. I was never able to wear the others very well so never carried daily. Try the Smart Carry... I wear mine at about 2:30 just behind the front pocket rather than abdomen as it was designed. Different pants may have me turning the belt slightly one way or another just a bit but generally just behind the front pocket. Try it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back