Holsters for skinny people

walther380

I'm a skinny guy with a 29 inch waist. I have a hard time with my current holster placing it where it is comfortable. I'd like to carry IWB on my hip but there really isn't enough real estate to do that with out going OWB. I'd also be comfortable going around to the back about 5 o' clock. Currently I carry IWB right above the front right pocket with a Tauga holster.

What would you guys / gals suggest I look at getting. I've heard lots of good things about the super tucks, would this work for me? Oh I have a Walther PK380 that is my primary carry gun.

Thanks,
Kyle

I have a 32" waist and I can't carry IWB at 3 O'CLOCK comfortably either or without the handle printing through my shirt. I have been carrying at a 5:30 position with a Super Tuck and a Glock 23 with no problems. It's comfortable and the gun doesn't print nearly as bad unless you bend over and with your smaller .380 that shouldn't be a big problem.

I would try attaching a piece of lamb's wool to the back of the holster. It's what they use in hospitals to prevent bed sores. I was once your size and it can really cause a problem directly over a bone.

Weird, I'm Kyle and thin,

I got the blackhawk check six holster.

420703BK-R Leather Check-Six Holster Qty Available:31 Code:3

It works great for me. It rotates the gun so that it doesn't dip more than a half of an inch below my belt. (glock 27) I can't speak for the durability because I haven't had the holster long enough but I would highly recommend this holster. I wear it all the time and have no problems concealing it, don't have to get bigger pants that would look weird anyways and it's comfortable enough that I don't ever have to decide between comfort and safety. Hope this recommendation helps!

Weird, I'm Kyle and thin,

I got the blackhawk check six holster.

420703BK-R Leather Check-Six Holster Qty Available:31 Code:3

It works great for me. It rotates the gun so that it doesn't dip more than a half of an inch below my belt. (glock 27) I can't speak for the durability because I haven't had the holster long enough but I would highly recommend this holster. I wear it all the time and have no problems concealing it, don't have to get bigger pants that would look weird anyways and it's comfortable enough that I don't ever have to decide between comfort and safety. Hope this recommendation helps!

Thanks for this. I believe I saw this holster at my local gun shop. Im gonna go try it out.

-Kyle

PS anyone have a crossbreed Quikclip? They make one for the Walther PK380.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back