holster for Sr40c

WAGB83

Hi Everyone,
First of all,Im fairly new to this forum. Tons of great info here! I have recently purchased a SR40C Ruger and I'm having a heck of a time finding a holster company that makes for this model! Help! My apologies if this question has come up in the past,I didnt bother to search.
Thanks,
Doug

Hi Everyone,
First of all,Im fairly new to this forum. Tons of great info here! I have recently purchased a SR40C Ruger and I'm having a heck of a time finding a holster company that makes for this model! Help! My apologies if this question has come up in the past,I didnt bother to search.
Thanks,
Doug

I've seen these guys at the local gunshows...have one of theirs for my SR40 on my wishlist
Link Removed

Check on Kholster and N82Tactical stuff as well as CrossBreed

Check Out Mackenzie Holsters also I have 3 of them and love them. I don't like to bash other holster makers but I have had lots and Mackenzie is among the best I have owned. Give them a try, half the price of the other big names and I promise you the Quality is just as good if not better. check them out at www.mackenzieholsters.com

What i use for my SR40c is a leather holster with a retention strap from Barsony Holsters and Belts Home Page. Its model nbr 58-4BL Leather pancake holster for compact-subcompact 9mm 40-45I also have a clip on owb but thats not a very secure holster. I have the same style that i carry my full size 1911 in. I like the forward cant that the pancake style lets you choose. It is also on E Bay..

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Simple man and Bird man-I will check these out! Stacey-I do like this gun! I've shot all kinds of ammo through it without much of any issues. One thing I'm finding out though,I dont care for the larger magazine with the extension sleeve. During target practice,I've noticed it has some play between the sleeve and the mag butt. It's enough to notice at first,possibly it'll take some time to get used to. The short mag setup is what I'll be using anyway for deep concealment,so no worries . Aside from that,its a great gun-good sights,easy carry,decent trigger. Ruger customer service is top notch as well!!:yes4:
Thanks again for everyones help here!!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Simple man and Bird man-I will check these out! Stacey-I do like this gun! I've shot all kinds of ammo through it without much of any issues. One thing I'm finding out though,I dont care for the larger magazine with the extension sleeve. During target practice,I've noticed it has some play between the sleeve and the mag butt. It's enough to notice at first,possibly it'll take some time to get used to. The short mag setup is what I'll be using anyway for deep concealment,so no worries . Aside from that,its a great gun-good sights,easy carry,decent trigger. Ruger customer service is top notch as well!!:yes4:
Thanks again for everyones help here!!

I was using a galco sto and go, but purchased a remora holster and it's amazing. Try It out you won't regret it and it's cheap it was like 35 bucks and was shipped in 4 days. I got the size 6art

Check Out Mackenzie Holsters also I have 3 of them and love them. I don't like to bash other holster makers but I have had lots and Mackenzie is among the best I have owned. Give them a try, half the price of the other big names and I promise you the Quality is just as good if not better. check them out at www.mackenzieholsters.com

+1 Fast turnaround and quality product!!

I picked up one of these, off of ebay, to go with my recent SR40C purchase. You could see some of them there are of poor quality, but this one is sturdy, and well made. It could be worn IWB or OWB and in multiple positions. It's the first holster I decided to try. So far, I wear it outside, and at about 2:30. The belt holes are roomy enough, with my belt, to allow a canted carry, and it sits close enough to just let a tee shirt hang down without much printing. I have a larger frame (6'04" and 310lbs) so I doubt I'll be able to IWB, but this holster is a start for me. Good luck, keep us posted!

Mike De

Link Removed

KGrHqJqsE88gcG80WBPih6G260w60_57.jpg

I carry an SR40c and have IWB and OWB holsters. They both are fine holsters and I recommend them.........
My OWB is an STX seen here...
Link Removed

My IWB is a MAX TUCK seen here...
Link Removed

I don't have an answer for a holster but I would like to know how you like the gun.

I love mine! Well balanced and accurate right out of the box. Fits well in my hand, and carries well also. I went with the 40 over the 9 because the shop had 40's in stock. There was a waiting list for the SR9C. The 40 is the same size weapon (basically just a bigger "pipe"), and same price. I figured, more stopping power, so why not?

Here's the first 8 through my SR40C

First8withthe40_zps023d36f1.jpg

This is the second trip to the range... to make sure the defense rounds would cycle properly. The gun performed flawlessly!

IMG_0505_zpsf20ce59c.jpg

Second mag through.

IMG_0510_zpsf20d1b44.jpg

Hi Everyone,
Thanks,
Doug
I too own a Ruger SR40c and have two holsters for the gun, both of which work very well. The first is a Crossbreed Supertuck with combat cut. If you use the flat base plate the gun will absolutely disappear underneath even a slightly lose cover shirt. You could also try Tagua Gunleather - I have a quickdraw holster from them that serves it's purpose very well.

You may also want to try going on ebay and just doing a search for ruger sr40c and see what it pulls up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back