Hiding Guns

CAmerica

I see lots of information about hiding guns. Some say to use a gun safe. My thought is that a thief would then take the entire safe and open it later. If you lock them up, how can you get them when you need them?
Would it not be better to hide them in the open? Things like a traveling golf bag.

There decorative picture frames and clocks that you can have in the open that hide your weapons in. I found a couple in the NRA online store and other places it's worth checking oit

A lot of people have long guns too and they put them in giant safes that can't be moved without a lot of effort (think piano moving).

I generally agree with your idea though. I try to get a little more imaginative with where mr. glock goes than my dresser drawer.

I see lots of information about hiding guns. Some say to use a gun safe. My thought is that a thief would then take the entire safe and open it later. If you lock them up, how can you get them when you need them?
Would it not be better to hide them in the open? Things like a traveling golf bag.

Speaking as a former thief any place you can think of to hide your guns I've already thought to look in.

Get a safe , keep one gun w/ you and lock the rest up

Speaking as a former thief any place you can think of to hide your guns I've already thought to look in.

Get a safe , keep one gun w/ you and lock the rest up

DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS SUCH A BEAST ???? :no:
SO NOW YOU'RE A THIEF, HMMM !!!! :mad:
I THOUGHT YOU WERE A NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH DUDE, aka "Tactical Mall Ninja" on another thread ????:to_pick_ones_nose: Well that would explain the stalking around the neighborhood. :hang3::hang3::hang3:

The problem is that criminals are just as smart as you and I. So any hiding place we thought of: so did they.

The trick is that time and deception are the keys.

Any criminal will want to get out as quick as possible. So the longer it takes to find whatever you're trying to hide. The more likely they'll settle for something else less valuable.

Its not my job and I'm not sure I should teach you everything I've learned in the past 40 years while doing things I probably shouldn't have been doing.

But use your imagination. Make thinks hard to get at.

I also like to leave something of obvious value in plain sight in the hope that they might take it and run.

Of course I can't guarantee this will work but it might be worth a try.

I like to leave a Wad of bills with a Rubber Band around them. My best older watch that I no longer wear. And a stage Prop 1911 Pistol. The Pistol is not real. Will not chamber a round. Has no firing pin. But will hold a real magazine with real .45 APC cartridges which I load it with. And a Badge that Says "Security." And some old keys I buy cheap at flea markets.

It looks like it's waiting for me to go to work. So I don't forget anything.

If he's in a hurry he'll see what he thinks he sees and grab and run.

Make sure you report the robbery.

Because:

The sword always has two edges. After he figures out he's been played: he might come back really pissed. But that's what the .45 on my hip is for.

I also keep a sign that says "DANGER RADIATIOIN" prominently displayed. I honestly doubt that this would scare anyone away: but it only cost ten bucks and it's a nice conversation piece. And: everyone is afraid of something.

I should make it clear that the shotgun receiver in the pic links I posted is locked in a ShotLock (spelling) gun lock/safe that is securely mounted to the wall and I am the only one who has the three button combination or even knows it is on the wall under the coveralls. I believe a home self defense weapon is of little value if you do not have it in your hands and ready to fire very quickly in an emergency. The shotgun stays locked in the heavy gauge steel device, loaded with 7 00buck shells in the tube and 1 in the chamber and is completely safe from kids prying hands and nosey visitors to my home. It can be in my hands, in the dark, ready to fire in about 3 seconds. I must add that it is a devastating weapon with awesome firepower. I have fired 8 shells from it in under 3 seconds repeatedly. Not shown in the pics is a sling I keep on it that holds another 15 shells in case the end is near.

Mossberg 930 SPX 12GA semi-auto. I do not agree with the concept of using a pump action shotgun because the racking sound may deter a bad guy. I have heard that suggestion too many times and think it must be coming from those who watch too much TV. I am not interested in a bad guy knowing I have a shotgun before I kill him. I could be dead by the time I rack the slide. This is a very serious matter. Just my opinion.

Theft

My home was broken into; my parents home was broken into. My Parents home was broken into again a second time a month later, because the thieves knew that everything was now replaced by insurance. The third time they set the house on fire. The local police came down the street about 10 miles an hour with lights and sirens giving the thieves plenty of time to get away. They did not replace anything that time. My parents did not have a dog.
I put up camera's. Signs etc., our dog is still spooked when strangers come by. Although, I sleep very lightly, we were not home at that time. I am sure that the dog barking, snarling and attacking was the reason that less was taken, guns were safe but jewelry and cash were gone. Does little good to have Locks and Dead Bolts on the doors, when thieves use an upstairs window.
Recently a local Physician's house was broken into while he was at the hospital. The police called and told him he had to come home immediately.
When he got home There was blood everywhere.
A dog at the front door, and one at the back door, Not about to let anyone else in. The thieves broke in, and had to break out, they stopped at the local hospital to get stitched up. Easy for the police to get them.
Good Doggies. Good doggies. My kind of dog, Big Dog with Big Teeth, Fast and Furious. Best alarm you can get when away from home.

Good Doggies. Good doggies. My kind of dog, Big Dog with Big Teeth, Fast and Furious. Best alarm you can get when away from home.

Until I throw a steak laced w/ DRAINO over your back fence then walk right past the body to break in

We trained our German Shepherd to only eat if myself or wife feeds him,it was damn hard to keep him from eating a steak or Scooby snack given to him by friends or thrown over the fence. If we vacation,he damn near starves himself even with my son trying to feed him.(I guess we over did it) At 110 lbs,he is the best alarm system we've ever had,the most expensive also. I would have never thought of training a dog to turn food away if it wasn't for my uncle who trained dogs for the Military back in the 60's. I'm 98% certain that if a bad guy gets in,he won't get out,even with a pocket of Scooby snacks. If you do have a guard type dog,make sure you have great home owners insurance with an umbrella policy.

My home was broken into; my parents home was broken into. My Parents home was broken into again a second time a month later, because the thieves knew that everything was now replaced by insurance. The third time they set the house on fire. The local police came down the street about 10 miles an hour with lights and sirens giving the thieves plenty of time to get away. They did not replace anything that time. My parents did not have a dog.
I put up camera's. Signs etc., our dog is still spooked when strangers come by. Although, I sleep very lightly, we were not home at that time. I am sure that the dog barking, snarling and attacking was the reason that less was taken, guns were safe but jewelry and cash were gone. Does little good to have Locks and Dead Bolts on the doors, when thieves use an upstairs window.
Recently a local Physician's house was broken into while he was at the hospital. The police called and told him he had to come home immediately.
When he got home There was blood everywhere.
A dog at the front door, and one at the back door, Not about to let anyone else in. The thieves broke in, and had to break out, they stopped at the local hospital to get stitched up. Easy for the police to get them.
They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here? - Paul Harvey, 1994

Dogs

My dog also will not eat or drink, when I am away from home. He will not take his favorite snacks from our son or my wife.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back