Hi Point Firearms (MKS) Sale

RRGlock23

Check out the web site they sale the handgun for $149.95 .

Hi-Point Hand Guns (Pistols)
Product ID: 6400
UPC: 752334091505
MFG ID: C9HC
Hi Point 9 MM Compact Pistol, 916HC, Black Finish, Double Action, 3 Dot Adjustable Sights, Thumb Safety,Hard Case, 1 Magazine
$149.95

Link Removed

Link Removed

I have had a lot of this in my CCW class lately. A lot of them seem to jam alot and a few have been a real pain to clear. I would not want to carry one for personal protection.
They are also very heavy. But for a gun to target shoot or intro a new shooter that is worried about recoil not to bad.

I have had a lot of this in my CCW class lately. A lot of them seem to jam alot and a few have been a real pain to clear. I would not want to carry one for personal protection.
They are also very heavy. But for a gun to target shoot or intro a new shooter that is worried about recoil not to bad.
$149.95 is half a used Glock. LGH, you are correct about it being a heavy target gun that jams, and not a carry gun. Trouble is many newbies will buy this as their one and only firearm. If that moment ever happends, and they need their firearm to go "boom" instead of "clunk" they will be wishing they spent that $149.95 towards something else.
I would steer new shooters away from this POS. They will think all firearms act like this, and will tell their friends, who will tell their friends, and so on.

Cheap guns are just one of the reasons the brady bunch is out to ban them all.

Link Removed

The Gun that Killed John Lennon - Unearthing a Relic

Kennedy turned to his left and shook hands with busboy Juan Romero as Sirhan Sirhan stepped down from a low tray-stacker beside the ice machine, rushed past Uecker, and repeatedly fired what was later identified as a .22 caliber Iver-Johnson Cadet revolver

In March 1963, Lee Harvey Oswald, alias "A. Hidell", purchased a 6.5 mm caliber Carcano rifle (also improperly called Mannlicher-Carcano) by mail order.[1] He also purchased a revolver by the same method.[2] It is officially accepted that this was the rifle that was used in the Texas School Book Depository in Dallas, Texas to assassinate United States President John F. Kennedy

my son just got the .45 it's real heavy with a big grip but, the trigger is nice and it shot accurately without a hiccup.I'm ordering the 9. for that price maybe 2.

Hi-point quality seems to be hit or miss. I ve heard of guns getting jammed every 3rd round or so and i know a guy who target shoots his and has had 1 ftf out of 2000+ rounds. and that was because of a dented case that he thought was ok.

That plus their lifetime guarantee warrant at least a look-see.

As for me, I have tried holding the .45 and it was too bulky. I think i will stick to my XD45

$149.95 is half a used Glock. LGH, you are correct about it being a heavy target gun that jams, and not a carry gun. Trouble is many newbies will buy this as their one and only firearm. If that moment ever happends, and they need their firearm to go "boom" instead of "clunk" they will be wishing they spent that $149.95 towards something else.
I would steer new shooters away from this POS. They will think all firearms act like this, and will tell their friends, who will tell their friends, and so on.

Cheap guns are just one of the reasons the brady bunch is out to ban them all.

Link Removed

The Gun that Killed John Lennon - Unearthing a Relic

Kennedy turned to his left and shook hands with busboy Juan Romero as Sirhan Sirhan stepped down from a low tray-stacker beside the ice machine, rushed past Uecker, and repeatedly fired what was later identified as a .22 caliber Iver-Johnson Cadet revolver

In March 1963, Lee Harvey Oswald, alias "A. Hidell", purchased a 6.5 mm caliber Carcano rifle (also improperly called Mannlicher-Carcano) by mail order.[1] He also purchased a revolver by the same method.[2] It is officially accepted that this was the rifle that was used in the Texas School Book Depository in Dallas, Texas to assassinate United States President John F. Kennedy

Nice articles about Lennon, Reagan and the explosive .22 caliber round. I recently saw a post that had a video clip of a woman (sorry, I forgot her name, but she's a doctor now) testifying in front on Congress when Brady was complaining about assault rifles. She pointed out that Brady was shot by a .22, not an assault rifle, to which nobody had a response to!

I've owned two HiPoints, a compact 9mm, and a .40. The first three time the mags are used, they will misfeed. Load em all the way up, Empty them, Do it three times and you won't have the issue again. This will occure with every NEW magazine. You can squirt a bot of "Slick 50 One Lube" inside the mag, compress the spring a couple times and you're good so long as you don't "limp wrist" it.

Mine worked fine with FMJ or HP ammo.

The only thing I DIDN'T like about them was the take down for cleaning. It was such a pain I didn't nearly clean them enough. But even THIS didn't affect performance.

I took second place in a bowling pin shoot competition with the .40, Outdoing guns that cost much, much more.

That's still $120 over priced.
I wouldn't kick a hog in the ass for one of those things. Of course every homie in the ghetto has one. Cops around here LOVE them cause they know there's about an 80% chance the thing won't fire.

I bought a Hi-Point .45 used for $99 and I love it I wouldn't want to carry it but I put 300 rounds through it with not 1 jam or miss fire it"s a great next to the bed gun just to heavy to carry

Nice articles about Lennon, Reagan and the explosive .22 caliber round. I recently saw a post that had a video clip of a woman (sorry, I forgot her name, but she's a doctor now) testifying in front on Congress when Brady was complaining about assault rifles. She pointed out that Brady was shot by a .22, not an assault rifle, to which nobody had a response to!

The woman was Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp. Google her name or the Luby's Massacre Oct. 16, 1991.

A few weekends ago my wife and I put about 200 rounds through a friends brand new .380 and it didn't hiccup once. It ran smooth with about 50 hollow points and the rest FRN's. I actually enjoyed shooting it.:biggrin:

That's still $120 over priced.
I wouldn't kick a hog in the ass for one of those things. Of course every homie in the ghetto has one. Cops around here LOVE them cause they know there's about an 80% chance the thing won't fire.

"every homie in the ghetto"

Are we being racist?

The PC way of making your point, would be: "Low cost firearms are very popular in lower income neighborhoods."

I highly doubt if Cops love any firearm pointed in their direction. Like any rational human, they are scared shitless, and answer the threat as their training dictates. With force.

A few weekends ago my wife and I put about 200 rounds through a friends brand ne$w .380 and it didn't hiccup once. It ran smooth with about 50 hollow points and the rest FRN's. I actually enjoyed shooting it.:biggrin:
That's the normal experience with them. When there's a problem with an expensive pistol, people blame the ammo or the shooter. When there's a problem with an inexpensive pistol, they blame the firearm. My Kimber Ultra CDP is very sensitive to limp wristing. If you don't limp wrist it -- 100%.

One thing about Hi Point is the no questions asked guarantee. There's a story of a carbine lost in a house fire. The owner send the puddle of metal and plastic back to the factory and they sent him a brand-new carbine. If there's a problem, they'll fix it and send you a new magazine for your trouble. Once broken in (and these really do need to break in--it seems most complaints come from pistol that have not been fired enough to become worn in) they are very dependable. You can't count on any pistol to work first round out of the box.

I've owned several of their handguns and carbines. The carbines have a toy-like feel but are fun and handy. They really need a hi-cap magazine. The pistols are large, heavy, and feel pretty clumsy. I've tossed them on the floor board, but I've never carried one -- I have smaller, more ergonomic pistols for that. If money is really a problem, I'd have a Hi-Point before I'd pick up other inexpensive brands.

(The know-it-alls may now return to their rant)

There have been instances of a component failure in Hi Point firearms, but MOST of the failures I've read or heard about were caused by limp wristing the gun. Because of the size and weight of the slide, they need every bit of energy to cycle properly and limp wristing diverts some of that energy.

I have a 9mm carbine, that I bought new, and a 9mm pistol that I bought from a friend. The firing pin in the carbine snapped and I called customer service. When their rep heard how many rounds I put through the two guns each month(800-1000 rds), and my cleaning procedure, he said two things to me: "You are OVER cleaning, just clean the bore", and "I'm sending you new firing pins and springs for both guns". Two days later I had new parts to install.

Just got back from the range. Shot the 9mm and the 45 cal. Put about 350 rounds in the 9 and about 500 in the 45, and my arm is sore and tired. 9mm about every 25 rounds would act up, misfeds. The 45 would act up about evey 75 to 80 rounds. Both guns, I was told, have fired a couple of hundred rounds. Still not sure if it was the ammo or the gun. Just thought I would share.

"every homie in the ghetto"

Are we being racist?

The PC way of making your point, would be: "Low cost firearms are very popular in lower income neighborhoods."

I highly doubt if Cops love any firearm pointed in their direction. Like any rational human, they are scared shitless, and answer the threat as their training dictates. With force.

Having much firsthand experience with these so called "Homies," I need to set something straight.

They don't call each other "homie. They call themselves something starting with an "N"

In all my years dealing with them, I have never heard them use the term "homie." I always hear "..this N______ did..." or ".. me and my N------s are gonna do..."

I think "homie" is a creation of the tv-movie industry.

-Doc

Having much firsthand experience with these so called "Homies," I need to set something straight.

They don't call each other "homie. They call themselves something starting with an "N"

In all my years dealing with them, I have never heard them use the term "homie." I always hear "..this N______ did..." or ".. me and my N------s are gonna do..."

I think "homie" is a creation of the tv-movie industry.

-Doc

From the Urban Dictionary-

A term first used by members of the corporate media generated lower class urban black culture. As this group has become the cultural majority, displacing traditional American culture and degrading the English language, it has been adopted by angry white people. It is generally used to refer to any black person who is seen wearing a numbered jersy, pants pulled down six to eight inches below the belt line, and a rag tied around their head. These homies are usually seen shuffling slowly along the sidewalk, alternately spitting and grabbing their crotch every few steps while rhythmically chanting obscenities.

Contrary to popular belief, it was the Chicanos aka Mexican-American Pachuos of Los Angeles who created words such as Homie, Homeboy, and Homes which were all derived from their slang known as "Calo". However, Blacks adopted it and there's people who still think they created it just like they think they created Lowriders and call California "Cali" when the Pachucos did that.

The word that wannabe gangsters say after every sentence in order to seem more cool or "gangster", unbeknowenst to them that it annoys the f out of everyone around them. Also used with other phrases in an attempt to look even more gangster such as: Crackin', Whassap, Hoes, etc.

Vernacular Black English for someone from the same city as the speaker; now used by young urban whites as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back