Hey Washington state members,

I'm all for supporting veterans, being one myself but Florida's legislation doesn't make much sense to me. 90% of veterans under the age of 21 don't receive any kind of pistol training in the military. Unless required for you MOS (MP, Armorer, etc.) most service personnel don't pistol qualify until they reach staff grade, long after they're 21. Now if their DD214 lists pistol training I'm all for it.

In addition, it's unfortunate, but I don't see how the AG had any choice. It's illegal under WA state law for anyone under 21 to possess a loaded handgun in public unless engaged in sporting activities like hunting or target shooting. Until our legislature changes that law, how could they let a 19 year old FL resident carry in WA but not a 19 year old WA resident? You have to follow the laws of the state you're carrying in not the issuing state for the permit.

I'm all for supporting veterans, being one myself but Florida's legislation doesn't make much sense to me. 90% of veterans under the age of 21 don't receive any kind of pistol training in the military. Unless required for you MOS (MP, Armorer, etc.) most service personnel don't pistol qualify until they reach staff grade, long after they're 21. Now if their DD214 lists pistol training I'm all for it.

In addition, it's unfortunate, but I don't see how the AG had any choice. It's illegal under WA state law for anyone under 21 to possess a loaded handgun in public unless engaged in sporting activities like hunting or target shooting. Until our legislature changes that law, how could they let a 19 year old FL resident carry in WA but not a 19 year old WA resident? You have to follow the laws of the state you're carrying in not the issuing state for the permit.
But they do receive firearms training in most cases.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back