Help with Arisaka Type 38

Curtisjohn

I have recently inherited a Japanese Arisaka Type 38 rifle but I am unable to open the bolt. The bolt appears to be locked in the forward position although the bolt handle can be moved up and down but will not lock completely down to the firing position. Opening the bolt release has not allowed any additional movement. The safety knob has limited movement. Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance. - CurtisJohn

jap 38 rifle safety release

push forward the safety and turn it left at the same time. this should release the bollt handle .

jap 38 rifle safety release

Many thanks, pappason. Your advice was good and the Arisaka Type 38 is now in working order.

Be careful there isn't a round stuck in the chamber. I had the same experience with a jammed bolt and when I finally got it loose there was a live round. I used a cleaning rod to determine if my suspicion was correct before I worked on it.

Arisaka type 38 parts

Can anyone recommend a good /reliable site to get parts for my Arisaka type -38, particularly the safety knob? As far as I know that's all that's missing.I don't know how it attaches to the bolt. I have the spring and the firing pin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back