Help to Modify Winchester 1300

itsthelaw

I have kept a synthetic Winchester 1300 12ga in my closet for years. It was won at a DU banquet about 10 years ago. I would like to customize it for home/self defense and need some examples from people who have done it. Pictures would be GREAT. It has a 28" barrel for 2 3/4 or 3" shells, so that will be the first move?

Thanks!

If your home is such that you'd have no problems maneauvering and coping with hallways and corners, just keep what you got and add a tactical light. If tight spaces are a problem, get a Hogue pistol grip. After that, if you're still having problems with that long barrel, there's lot's of places selling 18 1/2" barrels for your shottie. A quick web search for Winchester 1300 accessories gets a lot of hits.

This is what i did to my mossberg 500... these same mods are available for you as well. This is a 18.5" barrel with a 200 lumen led in the pump handle. The stock is adjustable and folds which gives you the best of all worlds, full length where space allows and pistol grip when space is tight... on top is a red / green dot scope.

Laserlyte makes a tri-rail that is inexpensive and easy to install. This would allow easy attachment of a laser and/or light etc.

Link Removed

I put a top rail on my 870 so I could use a point sight. Don't know if over the long haul the sight will hold up to the recoil but so far so good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back