help please

wcd

I had noticed this question elsewhere and did not seem to have any answers. Regarding carrying in a boys and girls club near as I can tell the club does not on the face of it appear to be a day care, or a school and is not used for school activities on the week end. So is it ok to legally carry there? My son joined for winter sports offered there, and the place just gives me a bad feeling.

As far as I know there are no restrictions for that type of facility. However, it might depend on the state you're from.

Call your states attorney general's office. They will give you the answer you need. Trusting opinions can be tricking when all of us on this forum are from different states.

I also live in Indiana. From what I can find as long as they don't host any type of preschool, head start, or are affiliated with schools or host school activities you should be ok. Are all the sports teams based out of the club? The reason I ask because if one of the teams is from a school then you won't be able to carry while they're there. That technically makes it "a school activity" which is also the problem you'd run into if you wanted to carry at a museum that was hosting a field trip. I would say as long at it doesn't meet any of the criteria for being a school, preschool, head start, etc. you can carry concealed. I wouldn't open carry if I were you just to be safe.
Link Removed
Check that link for the Indiana code regarding where you can and can't legally carry.

Thanks all the sports teams, are based on the parks and recreation and not affiliated with any school, I may be a bit overly sensitive but with all the things going on of late I really would rather be capable of dealing with an issue and keeping my wife and son safe and secure.

Thanks again ps how do you like the Bersa 380?

Thanks again ps how do you like the Bersa 380?

No problem. I totally understand your concern. Keep it concealed and I'd say you're good.

I love the Bersa... a lot of people give .380 crap for being a weak caliber but I think it'll do just fine.
The gun has a perfect weight and feels great in my hand. I don't have huge hands but they're not tiny either. It's really easy to control and keep on target (that's probably due to the caliber though). I went out and got an extended 9 round mag so with 9+1 in the gun and 7 more in the other clip on my belt I feel pretty good with 17 rounds to get me out of almost any situation. It's basically a 'poor man's PPK' but there isn't anything poor about it. Can't beat the price for the quality.
I like it so much my next purchase is going to be the new BPCC model... when anyone gets them back in stock that is.
Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back