Headed to NC this weekend. Couple of questions.

sizzle

So I have a valid SC CWP I know thats honored there, but what are the laws on carrying in a vehicle and how should I have my AK packed? In the back with magazines and ammo in the front? any info would be greatly appreciated.

For the side arm keep it on your person, open or concealed. If concealed and stopped by a leo you MUST inform him. As for the AK. however you feel it is safe. NC doesn't recognize loaded or unloaded.

For the AK I would suggest unloaded in the trunk, along with the ammo etc. Not required by law, true, but shows any LEO that you didn't intend to do a drive by.

If stopped be sure to place your handgun on the dash or completely open(not like SC). Long guns can be anywhere loaded/unloaded EXCEPT on game lands or even highways going through them. Then they have to be encased and preferably out of reach. Different world on the game lands. NC is very gun friendly.

If stopped be sure to place your handgun on the dash or completely open

You can conceal in your car w/permit even when being pulled over by LEO. You do however need to inform LEO that you are a permit holder and carring a gun.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back