Headed to Alaska on vacation!

Stengun

Howdy Everybody,

I'm heading to Alaska for vacation!

Ginger and I will catch a plane from Little Rock on Monday at 6:10am and we will arrive in Anchorage at 4:19pm that evening.

We are going to spend 8 days sightseeing, whale watching, salmon and halibut fishing, and bear watching.

We will be staying at my cousin's house in Soldotna just a stone's throw from the Kenai River.

Right now we are at the airport waiting to catch or flight to Dallas.

I'm taking my Glock 23 .40S&W and it was a piece of cake to get it checked in with my luggage.

The last time I flew with a handgun was over twenty years ago and back then I have a Gov't ID and I actually carried the loaded pistol onto the plane strapped to my right hip.

I'll update this thread with pics of our vacation.

Paul

Have a great vacation. Did some Salmon fishing on the kenai, you will have a blast. Watch out for Moose!! And post pics.

If you get a chance, head down to Homer, Katchemek Bay and take the water taxi over to the Glacier.

I lived for two years at Anchorage, and wish I could afford to go back. Really miss the people I knew there, and the sights to see. If I ever get a chance to return, I won't even take time to pack.

Howdy Everybody,

Here's a few pics of our Alaskan vacation:

Ginger and I with a glacier in the background.
1373996952_zpsa1e2035c.jpg

Ginger and I at the mouth of the Kenai River where it empties into the Cook Inlet.
1374083224_zps5bed1df0.jpg

One of the red or sockeye salmon that I caught on the Kenai Ruver
1374134375_zpsb141d42a.jpg

Ginger looking out at Resurrection Bay
1374380738_zps3e036266.jpg

Bear Glacier at Resurrection Bay
1374380892_zps9349276e.jpg

Paul

Alaska is beautiful... was stationed at Elmendorf for a few years and loved it. I bet you and your wife are having the time of your lives. Enjoy!!

In your first picture posted with your wife, you have a tell tale sign that you are carrying by tugging on your strong side's shirt hem. Wasn't sure if you were aware of that or not or if you even care.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back