CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

Have You Named Your Gun?

benzuncle

Stacy Keach, on the Mike Hammer TV show had named his 45 Betsy. Anyone out there named your carry gun?

I call my .45 "The Kimber", the .380 I named "The Walther", my .38 is referred to as "The '60'" . . . like that.

my code words for my wife and I are "noisey cricket" when I have my little .357 and "PC" for pocket cannon when I carry the xd45. She knows i'm always armed but she likes to guess which i'm wearing. It's our little game we play when we go out together.

Ha! This is a hoot! There was also a TV comedy, "Sledge Hammer". The detective had a 44 magnum that he talked to and slept with, but I can't recall if it had a name or not. And let's not forget Nicholas Cage's "Eleanor", the most beautiful Ford Mustang ever in "Gone in 60 Seconds".

As for me, I'm contemplating... Let's see. Bob, Dorothy, Will Robinson? I think not.

I haven't named my guns or my vehicles, except we call our surburban the "beast" because it's easier to say than suburban. My brother has a pair of matching pistols (can't remember what kind) one blued and one stainless he calls Salt and Pepper.

Thor's Hammer = Moljnor

Allan Quartermain = London stock broker--murdered by Provision IRA

HUH???

Haha...Go back a little bit more in history on both and you'll find the symbol of great power and a great fictional hunter who discovered king solomon's mine. No fair getting PC with gun names...

No names for the "weaponry"..but the code word thing is a good idea..we have been using the word "Widget"..the wife will ask if I have the widget in my pocket etc..as for the truck, no name officially, but it has been dubbed "The Guzzler" and at a whopping 5 mpg, it just seemed appropriate!

If I have to describe a gun --I call it what it is--CZ,XD,etc.
The only reason I would name something would be if I needed to call it. I always know where my guns are so I don't need to name them.

Wife # 2, usually referred to as the crazy gold digging sick b itch named my gun "Willy". But then a lot of people refer to that particular "weapon" as "Willy."

OH! you mean "that" kind of a gun!

Email