hadgun dip kits?

SnowManSnow

has anyone ever used a DIY dip kit to spruce up their firearm? I noticed they do this at www.glockstore.com, but wondered if anyone has done it here...

what were the results?
durable ?

would you do it again?

thanks for any advice,

b

Never heard of a dip kit before. But, assuming it is some substance that induces a chemical reaction that changes appearance of handguns, I'm satisfied with mine the way it is. However, I do like to look at weapons that have had changes in the grips, and some engraving, etc., so I'll try to follow this thread.
Is there anything that will make my weapon look like my hand? I could carry at the ready that way. :eek:) Just kidding.

Snowman,

Just did a search on Glockstore.com and couldn't find it. Have been using Dunk-It to clean my handguns for several years. Disassemble the gun drop parts into a pan filled with the product, wait 15 minutes, hit the parts with an old toothbrush, and blow dry with an air compressor, and you have a new gun. Makes swabbing out the barrel a breeze.

Hope this is what you had in mind. Good luck.

Joe J

This company that sells the best "DYI" kit is CERAKOTE. Pronounced as sara-coat. I must admit that some of those kits look like fun. I have myself been tempted to try one just to see how well it would turn out. Problem is I would want a cheap gun to test on first. Youtube has plenty of videos where others have used this product so you might want to go to YouTube for some research. Cerakote is reportedly the best DYI kit you can buy. YouTube is an excellent resource for this type of research and you will see a lot of do's and don'ts.

Good luck.

I saw an old, very used, very worn Sig P226 a few months ago at gander mountain for $250. I didn't buy it and now wish I did. It would have been the perfect test subject for a project like this. Oh well, next time...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back