GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE Explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

golocx4

Got Beretta's?
Today, Hillary announced her plans to "close the gun show Loophole".

The White House is threatening Executive Action to close the "gun show Loophole".

Even Hillary tried to explain it as "guys selling guns out of the trunk of their cars at gun show parking lots"

Gun show loophole is continually touted by the Head Progressive in the Senate, Chuckie Schumer, Uncle of Amy,

Speaking of NY the Governor of NY Andrew Quhomo is screaming for the Congress to Shut down the Government to get Gun Control and close the Gun Show Loophole.

Most Gun owners don't have a clue what the "gun show loophole" is and in the upcoming firestorm of media blitz to Close the Gun Show Loophole will once again (as they did in 1968) give up more rights.

The Gun Show Loophole it a false narrative to cover up what it really is all about. The Gun Show loophole will make the sale of any firearm between two people illegal. It will require a NIC's Check and FFL Transfer (plus the FFL Transfer Fee) for any and all firearms.

We have it in NY State since the passage of NY SAFE. It creates a new money stream for FFL's so the left is banking on their tacit support. The NRA may or may not support it to make themselves appear as sensitive to the BS Statistics that will be forth coming showing that 99.9% of Americans support closing the Gun Show Loophole. (I can't believe that at any time more than 60% if anything)

This all begs the question about the other false narrative of "gun violence" What is gun violence. Why does the left and their talking head allies spend hours blaming the gun instead of violent people. Because they can!.

Here again the analogy of the hammer and the gun come to play. Both are tools, Both can kill. Anyone can buy and trade a hammer. You need to give up your right to remain silent to buy a gun. Funny because Hammers are not specifically mentioned in the Constitution.

Don't be fooled by the oncoming tidal wave of screaming progressives demanding the closure of the "gun show loophole" as a plan to end "gun violence". Only the weak minded or overly educated will believe that.

I will say that in today's climate I agree that all gun sales private and public must go through a FFL to create a paper trail and to make sure that Friend you think you know is legal to own a Firearm. How would you know that if you do a private transfer between 2 friends, if one of you is forbidden from owning firearms due to a criminal record that someone received prior to moving next to you 5, 10, 15 years ago. Do you understand where I am going with this? It's time that you as a gun owner held responsibly to who you sell your gun too. If that person were to commit a crime with that firearm I would agree that you as the seller didn't properly vet the buyer so you should face charges depending on whatever the crime was.
I as a FFL vet everyone very carefully and I discount the fee as I suspect most FFL'S would when it's a transfer between friends, clubmates, etc.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I will say that in today's climate I agree that all gun sales private and public must go through a FFL to create a paper trail and to make sure that Friend you think you know is legal to own a Firearm. How would you know that if you do a private transfer between 2 friends, if one of you is forbidden from owning firearms due to a criminal record that someone received prior to moving next to you 5, 10, 15 years ago. Do you understand where I am going with this? It's time that you as a gun owner held responsibly to who you sell your gun too. If that person were to commit a crime with that firearm I would agree that you as the seller didn't properly vet the buyer so you should face charges depending on whatever the crime was.
I as a FFL vet everyone very carefully and I discount the fee as I suspect most FFL'S would when it's a transfer between friends, clubmates, etc.

I rest my case!

The libs, anti's and the left always come up with CRAP that sounds sooooo reasonable. When the gist of their inane idea is always the same. Punish the law abiding citizen. Only LAW abiding citizens will go through an FFL to buy any gun. If or I should say when the unlawful want a gun they will go elsewhere to get one. But they already know this and that is NOT the purpose of this bill!!

IF they really wanted to stop shootings and crime they would come out for stricter and stiffer sentences for crimes committed with a gun!!!

When the Secret Service can be disbanded because they have declared there is a "No Guns Allowed" in 500 ft of obummer then PERHAPS we can talk about me giving up my guns!!!!

Soooooo lets suppose we all capitulate and I can no longer sell you a gun without You going through a NiC;s check and YOU paying an FFL 25 bucks on top of the cost of the gun.

IS IT GOING TO REDUCE THE SHOOTINGS IN CHICAGO???

IS IT GOING TO PREVENT THE NEXT WHACKO NUT JOB FROM KILLING PEOPLE?

Not only NO but Hell NO!

Soooooo lets suppose we all capitulate and I can no longer sell you a gun without You going through a NiC;s check and YOU paying an FFL 25 bucks on top of the cost of the gun.

IS IT GOING TO REDUCE THE SHOOTINGS IN CHICAGO???

IS IT GOING TO PREVENT THE NEXT WHACKO NUT JOB FROM KILLING PEOPLE?

Not only NO but Hell NO!

Could not agree with you more! All the laws are to chip away lawful citizen's right to own guns not to deter the BG's from guns!!

I just sold a pistol to my FIL. He had just received his CWP from SC, I wrote a bill of sale with Serial numbers and a witness.
America needs to grow a pair and go after the real criminals.

Link Removed

This asshat can write all the executive orders he wants....

I refuse to follow any unconstitutional law that stems from this fools pen.

Not him, but the thief that breaks into his house and steals it...
That covers me and the family

Like I said, you must not trust your FIL very much. Cops come to your house and ask about a gun that you purchased from an FFL that was found at a crime scene. You have pretty much 4 choices:

1. I am not going to answer any of your (cops) questions. If you continue to question me, you can speak to my lawyer.
2. I sold the gun to a person whom I have no reason to believe was prohibited in any way from possessing a firearm and whom I had no reason to believe was going to commit a crime with it.
3. I sold the gun to my FIL.
4. Here is the witnessed paperwork that shows that I sold the gun to my FIL.

Option 3 or 4 is going to have the same result with the police and point them to your FIL. Your witnessed Bill of Sale only protects you if you chose option 3 and your FIL lied to the police about buying the gun from you.

Now, if you happen to not be a resident of the same state that your FIL is a resident of - the Bill of Sale is evidence of an illegal sale of a firearm.

My guns are not registered, or will they ever be. Its not illegal to sell in SC to a private seller, and we are both SC residents. I have no legal or moral obligation to go to a FFL with my FIL to ensure his background is good to buy a pistol. He has a CWP, therefore his background is good, and besides, state doesnt require me to initiate a FFL background check.

My guns are not registered, or will they ever be. Its not illegal to sell in SC to a private seller, and we are both SC residents. I have no legal or moral obligation to go to a FFL with my FIL to ensure his background is good to buy a pistol. He has a CWP, therefore his background is good, and besides, state doesnt require me to initiate a FFL background check.

All that is true, but the OP on this thread is the wacko anti's idea to force the law abiding citizens to jump through hoops and follow miles of red tape to sell, give or will a gun to anyone.

While this will sound so reasonable to many, it is nothing more than more effort to punish law abiding citizens and does NOTHING to the exact people they say they want to keep guns out of their hands!!

You know Steve40th you sound like the person we should be looking at for before we get on flights. You sound like a nut. What are you afraid of? I live in the most ****** up state of New York and I registered my guns that this communist state deemed illegal, so what I can still use them. That is why the states need to come together and agree on one rule for a pistol license so we don't have to have a non resident license for a state I would visit I can use home carry conceal license to travel around the country, wouldn't that be great? Maybe we can get the states to agree on what exactly is an assault rifle because I'm getting sick and tired of talking to people who don't have a ******* clue what one is and trying to explain it to them is like talking to a wall but the wall answers back.

You know Steve40th you sound like the person we should be looking at for before we get on flights. You sound like a nut. What are you afraid of? I live in the most ****** up state of New York and I registered my guns that this communist state deemed illegal, so what I can still use them. That is why the states need to come together and agree on one rule for a pistol license so we don't have to have a non resident license for a state I would visit I can use home carry conceal license to travel around the country, wouldn't that be great? Maybe we can get the states to agree on what exactly is an assault rifle because I'm getting sick and tired of talking to people who don't have a ******* clue what one is and trying to explain it to them is like talking to a wall but the wall answers back.

I am a nut? Not afraid of much, maybe you should read your post and see who is a little off. I am not the one ranting about living in NY, and I think NJ is a little worse than NY, as far as gun laws go. So, Noted.
And there is one rule, 2A.

Amazing how many brainwashed people there are on here thinking they are 2A supporters but in reality they are PROUD OF THE INFRINGEMENTS THEY HAVE TO ABIDE WITH AND RIDICULE THOSE WHO ARE REAL SUPPORTERS OF THE 2A.... and are actually wishing they had MORE infringements to abide by, and that they applied to more of us!!!

When unregistered private sales are outlawed....ah, you know the rest.

Can you spot the difference?

Link Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back