Gun Shop Stories!

Kalamity023

So there I was in the LGS buying primers, and suddenly the draw of the "Trade in counter" hits... Now you all know where this is going... I see some LEO Glock trade ins. They have about 30 Gen 3 G22's traded in. Price was obviously too good to pass up. Ended up walking out with the gun and 2 mags, gun has night sights installed.. All for $300. Gun looks like there has been less than 500 rounds through it. No metal fatigue on the muzzle, no powder/oil gum up in the firing pin channel. Heck even the extractor is clean. Now all I've got to do is shoot it 8-D!

Anyone else have any similar stories?

It's not my normal LGS... I usually frequent Bethany Firearms in Bethany CT, this particular time I was at Hoffman's in Newington CT. I prefer Bethany, smaller and more personable. He usually beats the big guys on new guns. But this one was too good to pass up.

Kalamity: I was fortunate and ran up on a deal similar to yours. I found a G23, 5-13 round magazines, case and all equipment for $300 also. Haven't been able to find a deal like that again.

Hoffman's has been having some good deals lately. I've never been there but on another forum I frequent we have a New Englander's section with a lot of Connecticans who post stuff about Hoffman's.

With that said, sounds like a great deal. Last year I found a bunch of pristine, I mean not even holster wear, police-trade in Gen 3 Glock 22s with three mags and cases for $250 at Manchester Firing Line in Manchester, New Hampshire. If it wasn't for me living in New York at the time (wasn't an LEO at the time either, so no 15rd'ers) and having to pay almost $100 to get it into my hands, I wouldn't have been able to get my wallet out fast enough.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back