Gun Safe

Psyk00diver

I'm looking to buy a good gun safe, I have been reading everything I can on a few makers. Any help on who is good and who is just plain crap would be helpful. Like who should I be looking at and who not to consiter at all.

What size do you need? single handgun or more?

I have a gunvault MV500-STD that I bought from a dealer on amazon. It works great a bedside safe.

Link Removed

Not sure what size you need, but if your not looking for bed side, I was very happy with Link Removed They have good 2 hour safes, pry proof, and varying sizes. Most importantly the prices are very good. Also any issues they come on site and repair any issues no questions asked. Support has been very good. Finally if you do get a full size I would also recommend Portable Dehumidifier | Quiet Dehumidifier | Safe Dehumidifier | Small Dehumidifier to keep the inside dry. IMHO at least :)

I have an American Security Products 24 or 30 gun from around 1995-96. I'm not sure if they're around anymore. It isn't fireproofed but it was a big cost jump back then. It is a great product.

I also have a slightly smaller Liberty, I think it's rated as a 24 gun. It is fireproofed and from around 2000-2001. If I was buying now, I'd seriously look at them again.

I also have a cheap fireproof Winchester branded Granite Security Products from Costco. I bought it so I at least had something out in Arizona before I moved all my dad's guns and the other safes out here. At $400, I couldn't pass it up. It is fireproofed as well, just a lower rating.

How about a Pendleton?

I think I remember Jeff Quinn (of Gunblast fame) wrote an article about the brand and was quite impressed. Try the search feature on his website.

What size do you need? single handgun or more?

I have a gunvault MV500-STD that I bought from a dealer on amazon. It works great a bedside safe.

Link Removed

I have one of these too. Some reviewers said it eats through batteries. Its been just shy of a year now and have not had to replace batteries, works great.

thank you everyone for the help.

Nogods, I have two pistol safes now, i'm looking for a rifle safe that is fire proof, my home was broken into about a year and a half ago. My wife wants a fire proof one for records and her rings and suff, so it will have to be 24 guns at min. no they didn't find any of my guns, video camera, or my knife colletion. They did get my wifes stuff, but I did have two knives out to send back to benchmade to have some warrenty work done on them, so they got my CQC-7 and my axis lock afk! thanks you again for the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back