Gun Permit Holders to Sue if Harmed after Being Banned from Legally Carrying

I do not agree with making the property owner responsible for actions of anyone over which they have no control.

The sign is posted. An unarmed compliant licensed carrier gets shot in the establishment. They sue the owner.
No sign is posted. A legal or illegal carrier unjustly shoots someone. The owner is sued.
The owner is somehow responsible in both cases?

The shooter is the one to be held accountable.

I do not agree with making the property owner responsible for actions of anyone over which they have no control.

The sign is posted. An unarmed compliant licensed carrier gets shot in the establishment. They sue the owner.
No sign is posted. A legal or illegal carrier unjustly shoots someone. The owner is sued.
The owner is somehow responsible in both cases?

The shooter is the one to be held accountable.

Of which they have no control??

As far as no sign posted, I can’t necessarily comment on that. As a matter of fact, I kinda feel like it’s not the property owner’s responsibility to keep you safe but on the other hand-

For the ones that deliberately hung that sign, why shouldn’t they be? You know, just despite the belief of just staying out of somewhere that doesn’t welcome your defensive guns and just not patronizing a store that feels that way, it’s not always feasible to not go in there. At least I don’t feel that way, anyways. Sure, I’d love to avoid a store that has a no guns sign posted but like I said, it’s not always that easy depending on how well you take to being inconvenienced. So yeah, I think they should for making a public place as an unsafe environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Around the country there have been proposals making business owners responsible for the actions of shooters.
Some would hold them responsible if they post and someone is shot.
Others would hold them responsible if they do not post and someone is shot.

Sign or no sign, how can they control the action of those in the store, whether it is a robber or legal CCer who mistakenly shots someone?
If a truck crashes through the door, the store is not responsible for injuries to the customers.

To be clear I think posting is a waste of time and does not improve safety, but they owner has a right to do it.
Decide on your own if you will honor it, ignore it, or go to another store.

Around the country there have been proposals making business owners responsible for the actions of shooters.
Some would hold them responsible if they post and someone is shot.
Others would hold them responsible if they do not post and someone is shot.

Sign or no sign, how can they control the action of those in the store, whether it is a robber or legal CCer who mistakenly shots someone?
If a truck crashes through the door, the store is not responsible for injuries to the customers.

To be clear I think posting is a waste of time and does not improve safety, but they owner has a right to do it.
Decide on your own if you will honor it, ignore it, or go to another store.

As long as it applies to store owners not taking preventive steps into ensuring guns stay out of their establishment, I think they should.

Do I waste time really breathing this much into it? Not at all because I’m still a believer of concealed means concealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back