gun laws in Indiana at youth sports events

tfenwick

So my husband is licensed in Indiana to carry. My daughter plays soccer and one of the moms who he had a little confirtation with this weekend decided to go to the club and mention that he carries a gun. Now I am not sure if she said she feels threatened or what but I need to know the laws on this. He always locks it in his car and NEVER carries it on the fields. Please someone help me. She is trying to hang us and it's not right.

If it is not a school event, then he is fine. If it is a school event, then he can't have a gun in the car until the governor signs Senate Bill 229.

Never interrupt your enemy when s/he's making a mistake. Never miss an opportunity to make money. Let her cause trouble for you... then sue her for defamation and interference with the person.

Tfenwick ... the more important issue than if it is a school event; is where the event is held. If it is at a school, then even parking on school property is no good. At the moment and until SB 229 is in effect, even locked in a car on school property is a felony. SB 229 is on the Governor's desk finally (Thursday 3-20). But the law only changes / takes effect on July 1.

Other than that locked in the car should be fine.

So my husband is licensed in Indiana to carry. My daughter plays soccer and one of the moms who he had a little confirtation with this weekend decided to go to the club and mention that he carries a gun. Now I am not sure if she said she feels threatened or what but I need to know the laws on this. He always locks it in his car and NEVER carries it on the fields. Please someone help me. She is trying to hang us and it's not right.

On a more basic level how did the offended mom find out your husband carried? I never mention to anyone that I carry as they say "Concealed is concealed." When my daughter played soccer if the game was not on school property I always carried, a gun locked in your car might as well be a gun locked in the safe at home.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back