Gun Cleaner and Lubricant

Bob R

I have a cabinet full of different wonder productsI have bought over the years. I need to pitch about a bucket full that I never use and make some space.

Here is the list I will keep using.

Gun Oil: 50/50 Blend of Royal Purple Synthetic Motor Oil and Dextron III (0W-20) Synthetic ATF. My last batch has 5W-30 Royal Purple in it. They make lighter weight Royal Purple, just not on hand locally. 0W-20 Racing Oil would probably be perfect.
All Purpose Cleaning Solvent: (Ed's Red) 33/33/33 Blend of Dextron III, Scentless K1 Kerosene, and Mineral Spitits. Original Formula had Benzine in it which evaporates out of the mix, so I leave it out to start with. I am planning on changing the Formula and adding Kroil Oil to the next batch. This is a great product for general purpose gun cleaning. When made up in a 3/4 to 1 Gallon Batch you do not need to be stingy with it.
JB Bore Paste and Remington has one in a bottle with an agitator ball: I wet down the bore on rifles with solvent patchs, then go to patchs with JB.
Light Weight Grease: Lubriplate NO. 105 White Motor Aseembly Grease.
Engine Degreaser: When I need a spray to clean a gun out. My AR15 in 22 RF comes to mind. Run a couple bricks of 22 LR through it, and see just what dirty looks like.
RIG +P Stainless Steel Lube: I use this on my Stainless Steel Colt 1911 semi auto's slide rails in warm weather. It prevents galding.
Rem Oil Spray: Nice to carry to the range to hose down the bolt on a MKIII, 10-22, etc when they are running sluggish and probably should have been cleaned.
Marine Grease: I use this on my Bolt Lugs on my target rifles. It is a Hi Pressure Grease and seems to stay on the bolt lugs well.
I am sure others have products to add to the list.

Bob

I clean with Hoppe's Elite, then use either CRC BreakFree or RemOil, then add some Tetra Gun Grease to the rails. Keep it simple.

Clean with WD-40, and spray brake parts cleaner, lube 10-30 motor oil and lube the slide rails with trans assembly lube,.........cost...nothing... have the stuff at work....and if you have a really crapped up barrel, valve grinding compound and some fine steel wool

Also if its a Glock, take it apart put the pieces in the dish washer, when dry, a couple drops of oil and your good to go

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back