Gun Bills in Lansing Michigan

rlkraatz

Rich
There is several gun bills in Lansing Michigan as of 12/16/2012. The bills are HB-5225 and SB-0059. They can be viewed and read on the Michigan Legislature web site. The gun bills are sitting on the Governors desk. Governor Snyder does not know if he will sign them. The anti gunners in Michigan ask the Governor not to sign the gun bills in memory the recent school shooting.

I hope he does not sign the gun bills as they are bad legislation. They are stopping all the county gun boards in Michigan from issuing ccw's in the gun bills sitting on the Governors desk. The County sheriff will take the job over issuing CCW's. In the past the Sheriff's in each county took their time processing finger prints. They processed finger prints when ever they felt like it. I am sure they will do the same thing with issuing CCW"s.

The Sherriff Association and the Michigan State Police have made recent attempts to stop previous pro gun legislation in Michigan. That makes the Sheriff's Association and the Michigan State Police antigun. They do not need to be in charge of issuing purchase permits or CCW's as they are bias.

Actually if you read the SB59 law, there are new time limits imposed for approval, and it they drag it out, they have to issue temporary permits. There are also penalites for abitrarily not issuing and refunds of application fees if you are denied. Currently it can take 3-6 months to process with no recourse for the applicant and no refund if you are denied. I am on pins and needles waiting to see if Synder signs this, recent events could actually affect his decision either way, but from what I understand he has supported the new law as it solves some open carry issues around schools etc. and promotes additional training. It should have no effect on permits currently in process as it does not eliminate gun boards until April.

I hope SB59 passes as Opie says, it solves tons of issues between OC and CC, and promotes the additional training. Im not sure what HB 5225 is, havent heard of it unless its tied up with SB59 Either way, with recent school shootings, I feel its stupid for anyone to oppose the new CPL law that would allow CPL holders to enter pistol free zones with the additional training, if there would have been a CPL holder in Connecticut, there may have been no loss of life other than the shooter himself.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back