Gun and ammo demand

ryanb25

Firstly forgive me if this is already a topic somewhere, i quite honestly didnt care to search through every forum. So it would appear as though the gun control craziness is spiking again since the Oregon shooting - or so the media makes it appear. I'm wondering if I should expect another ammo shortage like what happened in 2013. Thoughts?

In regards to handgun ammo, the shelves were almost stripped dry at my local Walmart today. The only thing left was some .45 HP defense ammo and some 44 mag. Everything else was gone.

Most firearms enthusiasts are stupid and don't understand how laws are passed. That's probably never going to change, so I definitely see another national ammo shortage coming after these shootings. The hoarders will be back in full force for sure.

Howdy,

All of my local WM, Acedemy, Dxxk's, LGS, etc are all well stocked with ammo, except .22LR.

No storage in my area which is Central Arkansas.

Paul

Howdy,

All of my local WM, Acedemy, Dxxk's, LGS, etc are all well stocked with ammo, except .22LR.

No storage in my area which is Central Arkansas.

Paul

For the record, I'm in Eastern Washington. I have a friend in Oregon that said 9mm, 7.62x39, and .223 can't be found in his area since the shooting.

My LG told me that last Saturday sales were skyrocketing again. He says it was taking 1/2 hour in most cases for the background to clear.

My LG told me that last Saturday sales were skyrocketing again. He says it was taking 1/2 hour in most cases for the background to clear.

I think it just depends on the buyer a lot of times. We purchased a gun Saturday and it took the usual few minutes for mine to go through. And last month my husbands went through in minutes also but the dealer was surprised because when he took the form he said that they were experiencing a lot of delayed responses that day also but it went right through without issue. Even in big box stores when several is doing forms at the same time, we have been in and out while others were still waiting. So a little may be timing but also I think if you purchase frequently, they tend to just go right through.

I went to stock up on some 9mm and 40sw, two 50 round boxes of JHPs each and I already have some in stock. Not a lot but this impending "shortage" is making me nervous. At Academy I picked up WWB Personal Protection and Monarch, not premium ammo but decent.

There's plenty of ammo at Academy but that won't last. :blink:

I am in western Washington and no change in availability. Plenty of ammo. Gun sales are good and have been all year.

Someday. That’s a dangerous word. It’s really just a code for ‘never’.

Prices have been skyrocketing in my area, and ammo is becoming more and more scarce. I love going to the range, but these prices are killing my wallet! That's why I tend to stock pile on sale days. LAX Ammo is having a parking lot sale, so I plan on hitting that up this weekend to stock up on tons of ammo.

In case anyone was interested in stocking up!

Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back