Guide rod laser for Glock 23 Gen 4?

reaper11

Looking for a guide rod laser for a Glock 23 Gen 4 that I carry but no one seems to make it anyone with a 23 know of a guide rod laser that will work? Don't really want to get a rail mounted laser I prefer to stick with my serpa 2 holster. Thanks in advance for any information.

I have the Lasermax guide rod laser for my Glock 19 Gen 4 now for 6 months. It is activated by pushing the slide lock in like a button. I just recently removed it and put the stock guide rod back in. The problem was that my left hand thumb rests right on the slide lock when shooting, unintentionally activating the laser. The laser would also get activated while carrying it in my Crossbreed holster, as the leather side of the holster pushed the slide lock in. I am currently carrying the gun without a laser. As a home defense gun, I do have the Streamlight TLR-1 on it when not carrying. I am using the Lasermax guide rod laser now as a range tool, just for fun.

It looks like, Lasermax does not make a guide rod laser for your Glock 23 Gen 4. However, I hope that my experience helps you.

Looking for a guide rod laser for a Glock 23 Gen 4 that I carry but no one seems to make it anyone with a 23 know of a guide rod laser that will work? Don't really want to get a rail mounted laser I prefer to stick with my serpa 2 holster. Thanks in advance for any information.

Crimson trace makes one that wraps around the grip and is by the rear side of the gun. This won't affect your holster.

Laser Sight for GLOCK 19 23 32 Gen 4 LG-851 | Official Crimson Trace

I have the Lasermax guide rod laser for my Glock 19 Gen 4 now for 6 months. It is activated by pushing the slide lock in like a button. I just recently removed it and put the stock guide rod back in. The problem was that my left hand thumb rests right on the slide lock when shooting, unintentionally activating the laser. The laser would also get activated while carrying it in my Crossbreed holster, as the leather side of the holster pushed the slide lock in. I am currently carrying the gun without a laser. As a home defense gun, I do have the Streamlight TLR-1 on it when not carrying. I am using the Lasermax guide rod laser now as a range tool, just for fun.

It looks like, Lasermax does not make a guide rod laser for your Glock 23 Gen 4. However, I hope that my experience helps you.

My buddy at the sheriff's office has the same setup with a 19 gen 4 that kept activating in the holster but he also has a gen 3 23 with a lasermax and never had a problem with activation in the holster. I just really want the laser for fun and if I ever had to draw without time to properly going into a good shooting stance or in a struggle I know that round is going to almost on top of that green dot

Sent from my SM-N900V using USA Carry mobile app

Thank you for your opinion only problem I have with crimson trace I don't think it will work with the medium beavertail back strap :/ I almost bought one on the spot till I noticed that

You ask about a laser guide rod for a G23 gen 4. They don't make one as you pointed out you had difficulty finding. You are concerned about a laser on your gun that won't get in the way of your holster.

I provide you with a link to a product that serves the purposes you laid out for us. This sir does not constitute an opinion.

If you must keep the beaver tail back strap on then don't get the Crimson Trace. If the beaver tail back strap is not all important to you then the product will fit the purposes you laid out for us. Your call, I'm just here providing information.

If you wanted an opinion, I'd say don't waste your money on the laser in the first place, but that's a whole new thread topic. :smile:

So, I fixed my problems of unintentionally activating the laser when presenting/shooting the pistol and when carrying it in my Crossbreed holster. I simply shortened both ends of the slide lock switch to the length of the original Glock slide lock. I used a Dremel tool instead of a file. It took 5 minutes. It is still possible to activate and deactivate the Laser by pushing the slide lock switch in, just not by accident.

So, I fixed my problems of unintentionally activating the laser when presenting/shooting the pistol and when carrying it in my Crossbreed holster. I simply shortened both ends of the slide lock switch to the length of the original Glock slide lock. I used a Dremel tool instead of a file. It took 5 minutes. It is still possible to activate and deactivate the Laser by pushing the slide lock switch in, just not by accident.

Nice they are finally releasing a guide rod laser for glock 23 Gen 4 next month I'll have to shorten mine too if I have that problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back