Grouping thoughts

misunderstood

I have a 270 for years now been good rifle. I have always used the cheap scope was on it but season before last would not hold zero. I bought a pursuit from bass pro. I took to range and best I can get out of it is 3 inch groups now. I was benching it. I checked mounts all seems good. This is more then one trip to range. Last trip to range my old ladie's 25-06 started shooting 3 inch group too. She still has original scope too. Her is simmons and over 10 years old. Ar with nikon has clover leafs groupings so I don't think I lost all my shooting ability. Lol. I am a little worried about buying another scope because never had one lose zero only 3 inches. Always when a scope is busted it lost zero by foot or more. What's your thought?

Sent from my XT901 using USA Carry mobile app

How long since the bores on the 270 and 25.06 were cleaned?

I usually run a couple rags thru after range and good cleaning after deer season. I don't run the brush a lot on good cleaning. I have always found get better grouping with a barrel not completely scrubbed out. And when grouping went to crap I did a scrub out. Went back to range same crap.

Sent from my XT901 using USA Carry mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back