Got my Crossbreed Today

Itstjs

Got my Crossbreed supertuck today, I ordered it about 8 weeks ago, almost forgot I ordered it until it got here. Ive got to say, especially for those who have considered it but havent ordered one yet, theyre everything people say about it and more, its comfortable, affordable, conceal a full size and are ugly. I ordered the cowhide black & combat cut, theyre a little stiff at first, but Im sure it will loosen up the more I wear it. Unlike Raptor holsters, they do NOT accommodate TAC lights though, which I find as a drawback, and the wait for these holsters is rediculas, but I am happy.
Just wanted to put my story up here about it, and let you guys know, its worth the 78.00. Im looking forward to tossing the Galco IWB Ive got, its kind of prevented me from carrying the last 4 weeks or so due to the holster drawing with the weapon (not in self defense situation yet) the clip on it just became a little too loose, and wouldnt tighten down any further, would be kinda sad to have to draw and have a holstered weapon pointed at someone huh?

Anyhow, have a great day guys.

I just ordered mine Friday for my XDs.
The wait is going to suck. LoL.
But the holsters design looks great. And the 10% NRA discount was a nice touch. It's going to be a long 8 weeks. :(

Ordered a similar holder from White Hat. Also got the 10% NRA discount. Love it. I think there are many other companies making similar products, some may make kydex for some guns but not others, find a company that makes kydex for your particular weapon and get a tuckable IWB. You won't be sorry.

or just go with old faithfull and build your owm.i got a fire star 45 no one makes holster for this gun the old faithfull works great and very comfy

Im just excited I can finally tuck a shirt in without it looking awkward and bunched in one area. Looking forward to breaking this holster in, compared it to the Galco KingTuk, also another great holster and identical in almost every way, minus the smooth leather on the back (on the Galco) theyre identical. I think Ill stick with my hand made product, Ive heard nothing but good reviews =]

It's a great holster and definitely does loosen up and form to your body after about a week or two. I've had mine for about 8 months and love it. It's really the only holster I use for CC. I'm not like a lot of other people on here that buy every holster under the sun to test them all. I find one that works and stick with it, and this one works. Supertuck for CC and SERPA or OC and I'm set.

I also have the crossbreed iwb super tuck deluxe.It fits my p345 like a glove very nice holster in cowhide. I've had it for almost 2 years now no negative issues. It may take awhile to get it because i believe they make the holster when they receive your order for the gun you have.

If you want the holster to break in as to fitting you sooner slightly dampen the backside with water and wear it until it is dry. It will conform to your body fast and feel good. You can trim the corners if they stick into you when you sit. If you do trim dampen the edge and rub it with a piece of plastic or something to build up a little heat on the edge and it will smooth the fibers and make it look like new again.

As far as White hat holsters. I have one and it doesn't fit my gun near as good as crossbreed and I hate the clips.

Don't plan on having it in eight weeks. I ordered a new one on March 1 to add a laser to my LC9. I just got an email today that it was finally shipping ...10 weeks later ...and will not arrive before I depart for 4 months of travel. My mail is being forwarded periodically, but when I get it after it is forwarded I will be on the border and ready to enter a country where I cannot carry ...and I suspect border guards finding a concealed carry holster in my vehicle might not be a fun event!! Guess I'll have to turn around and mail it to a family member I'll see after returning to the US so it won't turn around and get forwarded back to me. By the time I get a chance to try it and the laser out I will have owned the laser over 8 months. :sad:

My original is horsehide, and squeaks regardless of what I have done to it ...I rarely tuck shirt, just wear t-shirt or polo with tail out. I ordered this one in cowhide, hoping it will be quieter.

My original is horsehide, and squeaks regardless of what I have done to it ...I rarely tuck shirt, just wear t-shirt or polo with tail out. I ordered this one in cowhide, hoping it will be quieter.

My cowhide squeaked for a month or two until it was completely broken in but it did eventually go away.

Hybrid Holster Easy-On Method

I have a Crossbreed Super Tuck for my XDm 9mm 3.8 Compact and a White Hat Holsters MaxTuck for my Ruger LC9. Many people comment that these hybrid holsters are a pain to put on. This is true, until you discover this simple method for installing these holsters that make them just as easy to put on as a single clip holster.

The key is that it is easier to pull your belt/waistband away from your body at the small of your back than it is at your hip where the holster would actually go. Here is the “Easy-On” method that I use for mounting my hybrid holsters:

• With the hand of your strong side, grasp the hybrid holster with your thumb inside the Kydex towards the front of the holster and your fingers on the outside of the Kydex. Position the index finger so that it is touching the leather.
  • With the hand of your weak side, reach behind your back, slip your fingers inside the waistband and pull it out slightly.
  • Insert the hybrid holster inside the waistband at the small of your back so that the top of the Kydex is slightly above the belt line.
  • Slide the hybrid holster from the small of your back to the final side location using your thumb to drag it and your index and adjacent finger(s) to guide it into place.
  • Grasp the front clip and slip it up and over the waistband and put it in place on the belt.
  • In the same manner, grasp the back clip and put it on the belt.
And there you have it – a really easy way to put on a hybrid type holster.

Enjoy your Crossbreed!

I agree, the wait sucks, I nearly canceled my order and requested a refund. Another option for you would be get the kingtuk made by galco at any dunhams or military surplus store. A buddy of mine uses it, and its almost exactly like the supertuck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back