Got denied entry into gun show today

There are deputies all over the place at the gun shows I go to. Besides, concealed means concealed. Meh...

when the antis ask why do you need a gun in church, what will you say? when they ask why do you need a gun in your car, what will you say, when the antis ask why do you need a gun in your home what will you say?

I would say the church allows me to carry a firearm and so I do. It is lawful for me to carry a firearm in my car. It is lawful for me to have a firearm in my home. What do you say when the Court doesn't allow you to carry a gun in the Courthouse...hmmmmm?

I would say the church allows me to carry a firearm and so I do. It is lawful for me to carry a firearm in my car. It is lawful for me to have a firearm in my home. What do you say when the Court doesn't allow you to carry a gun in the Courthouse...hmmmmm?

I can't speak for courts in other places, but around here if I have to go to court I secure my firearm in my vehicle. To get into our courts one has to pass through a security checkpoint identical to those at airports with magnetometers and x-ray machines.

Same in Virginia...no guns, phones, knives or any other such device in the courthouse. I was simply making the point that regardless of what the second amendment says...there are no no zones for carrying. If I want to go to a gun show I don't carry a loaded weapon inside. I am not required to go to a gun show, however because of the work I do, I am often going into courthouses. If I don't like the ban on weapons in the courthouse I can quit my job and starve...I guess that will show those losers not to mess with my right to carry.

If I chose to, I could tell all of my friends that they were not welcome on my property armed, or that they cannot speak in my home unless they speak in pirate-ese.

I am so going to make pirate-ese required on my property! An eye patch will also be a must. One will be provided if you do not bring your own. Parrots, however, will be banned, unless it's a service parrot, of course.

I am so going to make pirate-ese required on my property! An eye patch will also be a must. One will be provided if you do not bring your own. Parrots, however, will be banned, unless it's a service parrot, of course.
If you fly the "Jolly Roger" the home owners association is gonna be mad. No flags remember? :nono: :sarcastic:

I only have one thing to say to that Telpinaro.....

"Aaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

It's not that your gun is not welcome at a gun show... that would be most ridiculous, after all it is a GUN show. What they don't want is a loaded gun.

The bad press is enough to discourage it.

I just typed in "gun goes off at gun show" in google and this is what came up:
Link Removed
If I were running a gun show and knew idiots like this would be coming in, I'd make them unload at the front door too. If they don't like, they can save their $10 and go elsewhere.
I always hear, well a gun never went off by itself. I agree, it takes a stupid person or more than one for it to go off at a gun show.

I've been to several gun shows in Missouri. There is no state statute that prohibits carrying a concealed firearm by a licensed individual in any gun show. I have seen police officers in uniform standing in the entry way, but they are likely off duty, and only keeping the peace. There isn't, in the state of Missouri, a law allowing them to search gun show patrons for concealed firearms. A gun show patron wishing to sell a firearm, must check the gun at the door where it is inspected for ammunition, and then tie strapped to prevent use. I know of no other state besides Missouri that imposes no legal liability on ignoring a posted "no guns" sign so even if the venue was posted, the most that could happen is being asked to leave if one accidentally "prints".

I've been to several gun shows in Missouri. There is no state statute that prohibits carrying a concealed firearm by a licensed individual in any gun show. I have seen police officers in uniform standing in the entry way, but they are likely off duty, and only keeping the peace. There isn't, in the state of Missouri, a law allowing them to search gun show patrons for concealed firearms. A gun show patron wishing to sell a firearm, must check the gun at the door where it is inspected for ammunition, and then tie strapped to prevent use. I know of no other state besides Missouri that imposes no legal liability on ignoring a posted "no guns" sign so even if the venue was posted, the most that could happen is being asked to leave if one accidentally "prints".

Not sure why you replied to my quote with that. No where did I mention any law or statute. Please re-read.

I received the following email from the coordinators of The Original Gun and Knife Show to my request for information (who, BTW, own their own venue in Grand Rapids, MI):

Only law enforcement may carry loaded according to our insurance and for safety sake in case anyone is trying holsters and accessories. You may carry unloaded and the gun will be strapped inoperable with a nylon tie. Thanks
Tracie

To which I replied,

I appreciate your response, but I will not be coming back to a gun show as long as this policy remains in place - and neither will many of my friends and associates. I hold a CPL, meaning that I have been background checked, I'm not under treatment for mental health issues, have no domestic violence charges in my past, or anything else that would flag me as a potential threat. I am also a former law enforcement officer, although because of injuries sustained in the line of duty I did not have enough time in service to qualify under LEOSA. Lastly, I sell firearms myself for a national company; I handle firearms safely every day.

Yes, I understand that you have law enforcement present during gun shows. I am also keenly aware that more than 10 state, federal, and SCOTUS decisions make it crystal clear that law enforcement are under no obligation to actually DO anything should a shooting event occur unless they CHOOSE to respond. The SCOTUS case, City of Castle Rock v. Gonzales, states this doctrine clearly:

"You, and only you, are responsible for your security and the security of your family and loved ones. That was the essence of a U.S. Supreme Court decision in the early 1980's when they ruled that the police do not have a duty to protect you as an individual, but to protect society as a whole. It is a well-settled fact of American law that the police have no legal duty to protect any individual citizen from crime, even if the citizen has received death threats and the police have negligently failed to provide protection"

I have enjoyed attending gun shows in the past, but as long as this policy exists, I and many of my friends and associates will not be back.

Sincerely,

I'll allow all parrots, but their beaks will be tie-wrapped.

Seventy one responses to a question whose answer is "take your money somewhere else".

Seventy one responses to a question whose answer is "take your money somewhere else".

So at the range, when the RO calls a cease fire do you unload your gun or tell them that your rights will not be infringed?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Point of order, the OP didn’t get denied anything he was told the conditions of entry and chose not to enter

Yes every gun show I attend they always have people coming out to check for any weapons and secure them with zip ties. I some what understand this but also disagree. If you have the right to carry a weapon what good does it do you with a zip tie and not loaded. On the other hand there are those who abuse this previlage and make it tougher for the ones that obey the gun laws and wish to unhold the 2ND AMENDMENT to have the right to bare arms and carry for defense when **** goes wrong.

Try this one on for size...You have a right to speak freely "Freedom of Speech"...except you do not have the right to yell fire in a crowded theater. You do not have the right to incite to riot with your speech. With rights come some common sense responsibilities so it seems that the reason we cannot carry a loaded firearm into a gun show is perhaps someone long ago did not exercise some common sense and someone was harmed. Your right to swing your fist stops at my nose. I am all for the right to bear arms but ya gotta ask yourself why you would want to be in a theater and have some one yell "Fire!" That person is now infringing on my right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. All of our rights described in the Constitution are pre-existing rights, however you can forfeit rights...your right to life for example. Timothy McVeigh found out as have so many others that the right to life has limits.

Try this one on for size...You have a right to speak freely "Freedom of Speech"...except you do not have the right to yell fire in a crowded theater. You do not have the right to incite to riot with your speech. With rights come some common sense responsibilities so it seems that the reason we cannot carry a loaded firearm into a gun show is perhaps someone long ago did not exercise some common sense and someone was harmed. Your right to swing your fist stops at my nose. I am all for the right to bear arms but ya gotta ask yourself why you would want to be in a theater and have some one yell "Fire!" That person is now infringing on my right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. All of our rights described in the Constitution are pre-existing rights, however you can forfeit rights...your right to life for example. Timothy McVeigh found out as have so many others that the right to life has limits.

Try this one on for size... how about holding the individuals who commit the negligent acts responsible for their behavior instead of restricting the 99% of the rest of the population with more rules and regulations? For example, how many children shoot themselves or others due to the negligence of the parents? Don't use that as an excuse to tell me how I have to store my firearms at my house.

As is my right, I don't spend money where I as a CC am not welcome. This to me is just common sense.
~
I take exception with off duty LEOs being considered above the rest of us, as if they have a big red S on their chest and can do no wrong. If an off duty is there and being paid for his services great, but to allow them the ability to carry loaded just because they have a badge. Sorry, that just doesn't fly with me.
~
I have found over the years that is nothing available at a gun show that I can not find elsewhere, and with the advent of all the Internet sites. Why would I want to give someone money to attend a function that restricts my right to carry and doesn't offer me anything I can't find elsewhere. Common sense dictates that I am on to something by not going to gun shows.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back