Got Any Holster Ideas For 1 o'clock Carry?

J&D

Hi, all! Although I've been a member of the NRA for a little over a year now I just discovered usacarry.com tonight. I'm thankful to have a place for asking questions of other 2nd Amendment advocates, as well as imparting whatever knowledge I can for whomever seeks it.
Ok, enough of that. Question is: What are some suggestions for a high quality IWB holster for carry at about the 1 o'clock position (or 11 o'clock for the lefties)? I currently have a Gould & Goodrich model 890 in brown leather that is fitted for the Glock 27 I used to have. (LOVED that gun!) I like the holster but it's a little thick to be carrying a gun in that is already over an inch wide in its birthday suit. I will be picking up a Smith & Wesson M&P .40c in about two weeks and I would like to go ahead and oreder a good holster for it, as it will be my primary carry piece.
Holster requirements: vertical ride (no cant), good leather, metal clip that is spaced for going over NOT under the belt (I don't want to have to pull my pants up every 5 minutes), tuckable is ideal but not completely necessary (I have a Galco SkyOps for my commander-size 1911 if I need to tuck my shirt in), and finally MADE IN AMERICA! I'm already giving enough business to China & Co. so I'd really rather not have to give them any more when I have the option to buy American. And if at all possible I'd like to keep the price under $80, but I suppose $100 could be wrestled from my grip for the PERFECT holster.
Thanks in advance for any and all input. Happy shooting!

There's one I think called a "Pager Pal" or "cell Pal". I saw it advertised in the Forum Header above. :to_pick_ones_nose:

Take a look at this one...

Minotaur Neutral (Appendix Carry) Cant Holster from Comp-Tac seems to meet your criteria pretty closely.

Link Removed

It was highly recommended to me by several who were using it. I can't say that I have fully conquered carrying in that location but the item is well made and Comp-Tac is great to deal with.

The Archangel AIWB holster is one of the best for the 11 and 1 o'clock positions. I think as with all appendix carry, it takes a bit to get used to.

Here is one web site to get some info and pricing.. also click on the more pictures to see more on the holster - Link Removed

You can also check out you-tube for ' archangel hoster ' for more info.

good luck :)

My go to holster. Have a drawer full of others gathering dust.

Here is my pick.
"BLADE-TECH ULTIMATE CONCEALMENT - HOLSTER"

Link Removed

I have a whole drawer full of others that have been gathering dust for years.

I carry a Kahr MK-40 all the time at 7 O'Clock set for the FBI cant(I,m a confirmed and registered LEFTY). With this holster I don't have to dress around the gun. I need only tuck my shirt over it and the little Kahr just disappears under only my tucked in shirt. No need to wear loose clothing or a jacket.

JUST MY LOWLY OPINION!!

I can only tell you what works for me: A FIST K-8 IWB/TUCKABLE/CANTABLE. I carry daily my GLOCK 30 in the one o'clock position evrywhere with no issues.

I carry a sig p220 IWB, I use a holster from Tucker Gun Leather ( Cover Up ). I have three of these holsters, one for my PM9, Kahr, one for a sig p239 and also sig P220. They work very well for me with shorts and T shirt.

You might try contacting PR Smith Holsters.
I use their OWB for my 1911 - GREAT quality, GREAT folks...
They have an IWB for 1911 AND do custom work -

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back