Good training target

Stefan

I live in Oregon and I am wondering what people out there use for targets to practice with. I am using an M&P 40 cal. I know about paper targets of course, but are there any other ones recommended? Post links if you can.

Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Had this discussion yesterday! For larger targets, you can get a cake or jello mold, and use colored water-freeze, then shoot! they disintegrate well, and there is no thing to cleanup since the ice chips will melt! You can also shoot golf balls-they will take several hits and move when hit as well. and there is a company called ecotarget. their website is ecotargetmold - Ecotarget Home they have a silicone mold that is reusable.

I also purchase small toys at the .99 cent store to use as targets, and at some supply stores, you can find colored eggs made of chalk, or you can use real eggs. i always carry a small supply of golf tees to place small targets on

Anything can be used as a target. While I prefer B-27 police training targets, I've used as mundane as a paper plate with a black dot on it with a marker. One thing I will always do is save large cardboard boxes to cut up and use to hang my targets on. It keeps them from blowing in the wind and they can be used over and over until they get a bit too "holey".

When at my uncle's farm he likes to use plastic gallon jugs with a mixture of oil and water in them to see what a round will do on entry and exit. Hand held bottles of water are quite impressive to watch when shot with a high-powered rifle as well.

I like the IALEFI-Q targets

IALEFI_Q_full.jpg

It all depends on where you are shooting and what type of Range your using. The Private Fish & Game Club Range that I am a member of "Doe's NOT Allow Human Silhouette Targets", Cans, Bottles, Golf Balls etc. or anything other than Paper Bulls Eye Targets on their Range. I also use a Paid Public Indoor Shooting Range that Doe's Allow Human Silhouette Targets.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back