Good IWB Holster Maker......

Dave Nowlin

Old Geezer
I have discovered a holster maker by the name of Randy Levine that makes an outstanding and reasonably priced kydex holster. Randy is an undercover police officer and carries daily while doing his job. I have his 2 piece slimline holsters for my M&P 45fs & 9c. I just received a new wrap around design slimline for my .40 Shield. I bounced some ideas off of Randy concerning what I wanted and he came through in spades. I already have a Garrett Industries Silent THunder for the Shield but like this new holster better and it cost less than half of what the Silent Thunder sells for. His company is Crossfire Holsters. He has a website and ships very quickly. I have seen many requests on various websites for a good holster for the Shield. This is the best I have found.

I use Link Removed with confidence for my Shield 9, Ruger LCP & LCR. They stay put and can be used IWB or pocket. Like many of you, I have a drawer full of many others I no longer use. Once you find something comfortable and functional, you usually stick with it.

I have a Remora in a drawer. It is simply too thick to conceal well. I also find it difficult to draw quickly from. I have a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder IWB holster for my Shield in the drawer too. It isn't as comfortable as The Slimline Tactical made by Crossfire. It is also harder to conceal. If concealment isn't important, then wear an OWB holster. If concealment is important, then the holster chosen should be both concealable and comfortable. Be honest with yourself. If a holster isn't comfortable, you probably won't wear it very much if at all. If you don't carry your gun with you it won't be available when you need it. Carrying concealed is sort of like carrying fire insurance. You really hope you don't have to use either one, but if the need arises you'll be mighty glad you had it.

Leather Tagua,ambi reversible comfortable,form fitting-plastic is not ,caliber is unimportant providing one can hit the ace of spades in the spade at ten paces-thickness no more than 1 in-length under 7 in,weight unimportant as long as lil recoil any pistol over 32 cal should weigh a min of 20 oz.Da/sa,manual safty,any other safety a plus now there ya have it all my requirements
Did I say plastic need not apply leather n steel

I just got a new one myself, the "Old Faithful IWB Holster". It will be for my Ruger SR9c. They are just like the Crossbreed Supertuck holsters, which is another quality product. What sold me on the Old Faithful was the option they give you of assembling the holster yourself and saving about 40 dollars depending on what "stage" you order. It took less then 30 minutes to make the holster and tailor it to what I liked (Retention, ride height, etc..) The kydex was even thicker than the Crossbreed. Anyone interested in a high quality product with simple mechanical skills, will surely love this option. It's basically, tapping tee-nuts in place and screwing the molded kydex into the leather. Here is the site for those that might be interested...... Oldfaithfulholsters.com. Special thanks to cluznar for pointing me in the right direction!

BTW: It is a rewarding feeling making it yourself, as you will know your holster even better.

Special thanks to cluznar for pointing me in the right direction!

You're welcome, I would hate to see anyone carry a SR9c in an inferior holster.

:dance3:

I use Mackenzie Holsters he has had many great reviews on his holsters and I have 3 of them and love them all he makes a Hybrid holster similar to C.B.S.T. but half the price. Not to knock anyone or the holsters everyone likes somthing different and everyone has different opinions but I gave Mackenzie a chance and I am glad I did. He is a fraternal Brother Mason and I like to help and support my brothers if I can. Check them out Link Removed

I also really like my www.oldfaithfulholsters.com holster, saved a bundle of money by doing it all myself, even molding my own kydex. What a great feeling to really know your holster like was stated above. Anyway here is a pic of mine that I carry everywhere, even in athletic shorts (with a drawstring)

sent from my HTC EVO 4G via tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back