Good day at the range today

Tea Man

Practices paid off. got my trigger control and handholds figured out. Now I'm pretty consistent in shooting. I put on the stickers after each 10 round sessions so I can see the patterns and correct my mistakes.

Best of all, it was a blast! (pardon the pun)

Link Removed

Looks pretty good depending on how fast you were shooting.
Just for grins and giggles. - Try it moving forward, backward and to each side. It will really make you concentrate keep those groups.

Whoops, I left out the guns. They're Sigma 9mm and Sig P250c 40sw. The shots were at least one second apart per to the rules of the range. Any faster you're out of here (a guy got kicked out because of his rapid firing.)

I practice like the SD situations. Some of my first shots are a little wild (flyers) but the follow ups gets deadly. I know this is no guarantee because of moving targets (perps) sometimes.

By the way, the two holes on top of my 40sw target aren't mine. I counted my holes after the ten round sessions so I know it isn't me. :)

Thats not to bad looks like the .40 likes ya ! don't let some smack you down w/ that moveing stuff ! It's all in your time good shooting habits come first , keep on keepen !

The "No Double Tap" rule is IMHO stupid. You cannot practice SD if you don't D.T.! Now having said that I understand no holster draw indoors, and am glad I can at the local outdoor range. But most of all, I am glad that I am a "user group" at that same range and can rent a range as an Instructor, and teach the PROPER way to do SD shooting. This includes SOME movement to show "after action" drills. I feel that you NEED to practice the way you fight and you will fight the way you practice! Having said that PLEAS don't think I am dissing you for your shooting, I'm not! Your targets speak well of your abilities! However, there are LARGE NUMBERS of ranges that LIMIT our ability to practice in the manner we need to with their rules of "NO DOUBLE TAP ALLOWED" It's STUPID!!! GOD BLESS BEN AVERY SHOOTING FACILITY in Phoenix AZ!

I agree with you AZ so I'm not taking offense and thanks for the compliments. There are other ranges I could go to and they'll probably allow DTs and RFs. My car is a gas hog and they're not close by besides my range. I'm on SSI so I'm on a budget so not much shooting but like once a month if I can. By the way I'm seeing more rules being implemented by the range that it's getting ridiculous. Get this, now you can't place your firearms on the tables. Just saw the sign today, geez.

I sold off most of my music gear to get the guns. Since I'm not playing much anymore I'm happy just to keep a guitar and an amp for noodling. :)

Yes Sir I hear ya loud and clear , that's why i like the range my @ here in N.H. ! When the range is clear I can practice what I want in side of range rules !

I agree with you AZ so I'm not taking offense and thanks for the compliments. There are other ranges I could go to and they'll probably allow DTs and RFs. My car is a gas hog and they're not close by besides my range. I'm on SSI so I'm on a budget so not much shooting but like once a month if I can. By the way I'm seeing more rules being implemented by the range that it's getting ridiculous. Get this, now you can't place your firearms on the tables. Just saw the sign today, geez.

I sold off most of my music gear to get the guns. Since I'm not playing much anymore I'm happy just to keep a guitar and an amp for noodling. :)

If you can't put it on the table and you can't draw and fire.............. I guess you should just stick it in your mouth and hope for the best?
I know the feeling of a gas guzzling vehicle, I have a tanker connected to my truck like an IV in an arm. the range I get to use is only 6 miles away, so that is REAL good for me. And as far as $$ goes, I may be an instructor and have a business, but owning a business is work and expensive so I scrimp and save when I can to do a day of riding the Harley and maybe a meal out once a month!

I'm sorry, the tables I meant were those picnic tables they have for non shooters. We can't use it to unpack our firearms let alone lay 'em down. It's fine at the stalls.

Ya Know guy's were all hurt'en here and there is plenty of info out there to let use know the sinarerio to practice on ! So we do what shooter need to do to hown ower skills ,thats the fun of what we do ! Shooting from chairs from the pocket , table , hip ,balanced on your head or as one said early in your mouth if you are so inclind ! So what we have @ the places we shoot we use to the best of ower ability ! This is the way I've alway practice but most of all having fun safely ! So Tim man you sound like a smart guy yu know what you need to do enjoy !!!!!!

Ya Know guy's were all hurt'en here and there is plenty of info out there to let use know the sinarerio to practice on ! So we do what shooter need to do to hown ower skills ,thats the fun of what we do ! Shooting from chairs from the pocket , table , hip ,balanced on your head or as one said early in your mouth if you are so inclind ! So what we have @ the places we shoot we use to the best of ower ability ! This is the way I've alway practice but most of all having fun safely ! So Tim man you sound like a smart guy yu know what you need to do enjoy !!!!!!

I'm sure you meant me (Tea Man) so thanks. I take gun safety seriously and a good habit to have. I take nothing for granted, too dangerous.

Great shooting, my local range has some rules but none like you are describing, wow. I myself have only been shooting again for about 6 months after not shooting a gun for about 10 years. I'm having a ball. Been trying to go to the range once a week when I can, also have a friend that has been going with me for the last 6 or 8 weeks I think. We both have gotten much better with each others help. Spent a lot of money on guns and ammo thus far. It can be addicting. I too have been shooting a .40 and a 9mm. More so the 9mm lately as the rounds are slightly cheaper and I'm better with the 9mm.

I like playing the guitar as well and have 6, my favorite is my Les Paul. Bought in 2005, and played it only a half dozen times, because i'm afraid of scratching it. I thought, dam, I could get several more guns and a lot of ammo if I sold it. Then I played it again and said naw,, I'll hang on to this. Anyways again, good shooting and have fun and be safe.

I've only been shooting over a year now but I used to shoot a lot back in the 80s and at the same range. Back then it was open areas and tables. You'd have to walk and set up your targets and the rules I know of then was no machine guns. Today it is more modern, with stalls and pulley systems, concrete floors with gratings and big hills behind the targets. Of course, rules too. Their main concern is safety and strictly enforced so I can't blame them because of family outings.

They just reopened their rifle ranges after a lawsuit because some golfer got hit with a stray bullet a few miles away. Kind of stupid because as I said, there's big hills (manmade) behind the targets. They have a hunters training certificate required before you can shoot at the long gun range. They offer classes to get such certificate.

Did I mention they have rules there? :wacko:

When I started I had a PF9 for SD but got hooking on shooting that after over 1000 rounds my hand said enough already get a bigger gun jeez LOL. I sold it and got a Sigma 9mm. Yea, big difference and more enjoyable. Later I picked a Sig P250c 40sw. Both great guns.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back