Good Conceal Carry Story!

buckslayer

TAMPA, Fla. – A pistol-packing jogger in Florida won't be charged for shooting and killing a teenager who attacked him during a midnight run.

Prosecutors said Tuesday they are convinced Thomas Baker acted in self defense when he fired eight shots at 18-year-old Carlos Mustelier near Tampa in November .

Prosecutors say Florida's "stand-your-ground" law was a factor in their decision. The law, passed in 2005, gives people the right to use deadly force as long as they "reasonably believe" it is necessary to stop another person from hurting them.

Baker told police he reached for his gun when the teen punched him in the face. Baker has a concealed weapons permit.

The teen was hit four times in the chest, back and buttocks. He died at the scene.

Link Removed

great story... Being a runner I'm not sure where I would carry my EMP... but I'm going to have give it some-more thought!

The REAL Story..

Well, here is the story:
I cruise right thru a stop sign and got pulled over by a cop the other
day.... I got out and hand the police officer my driver's license, insurance card, and myconcealed carry permit.

(cop) "Okay, sir, the cop says, "I see your concealed weapon permit.
Are you carrying today?" (they always ask that)

(me) "Yes, I am."

(cop) "Well then, better tell me what you got."

(me) I told him, "Well, I got a .45 Long Colt Taurus Judge revolver in my inside coat pocket. There are 2 Springfield .45 semi-automatics in the glove box with 12 round mags. also, I've got a .308 LCP strapped to my right ankle."

(cop) "Okay," the cop says. "Anything else?"

(me) "Yeah, in the back seat, there's an AR15 (with holographic sites) and a 100 round double feed magazine as well as a .410 gauge Coach Gun loaded with slugs. In the trunk of the car there is an AK47 with 40 round magazine, a 12 gauge tactical sawed-off shotgun loaded with "00" buckshot and oh yeah, my Thompson Sub Gun with a 100 Round Drum Magazine and three 30 round back-up magazines.

(me) I guess, That's about it."

(cop) "Sir, just out of curiosity, are you on your way to or from a gun range or hunting trip?"

(me) "Nope."

(cop) "Well then, what are you afraid of?"

(me) "Not a damn thing."

(I did not get stopped, but you get the idea?)

For your very first post can you please not hijack my post? Not trying tone an ass but that's kinda rude.

No doubt, jokes go in the OT forum... I dont understand why it was posted here?

As for the fl jogger thing, Im glad the jogger was able to protect himself... The more this kind of thing happens, the less it will happen in the future (because the criminals "might" just think twice about their line of work...)

I just dont understand why more lawmakers dont look at this kind of thing and go "hmm, so when the public is allowed to defend itself, crime goes down? Well then yay for guns!"

Its always a little sad when a human loses their life, but its less sad when it is a criminal who may have taken an innocent life instead, this was definitely a happy ending in the the innocent person kept theirs, while the criminal wont be able to attack anyone else in the future....

I hate to hear of any loss of life, but if I'm glad it was the thief and not the jogger. He was willing to take the chance that the jogger was unarmed...he lost.....with his life. Let this be a lesson to other would be thieves. :angry:

I hope the jogger is "Okay" with things...."It's a hell of a thing killin a man, you take all he's got and all he's ever gonna have..."

The sad truth is, I'm sure he's having some serious issues with it now, but the choice wasn't really his to make only one party involved made a choice that day, however I'd be willing to bet that the jogger is wondering if he should have just punched the guy back and fought him...

I'm NOT, IN ANY MANNER, saying he was WRONG to do what he did, he had only an instant to decide, but I think any normal person would have at least some second thoughts...

I pray for him and his family as well as for the family of the attacker. No one is the "winner" in a situation like this....But at least the innocent man didn't die this time....

Kinda scary though to be honest. So a jogger shoots someone 8 times because he said that the kid punched him? I don't know if I back this one. A firearm is only one of the tools in a persons self defense tool chest. In my humble opinion it is not ok to kill someone for punching you. I'm sure that some will disagree however....

The issue is not punishment or retaliation ("kill someone for punching you"). I know there's a feeling of righteous justice when we hear stories like this, but carrying isn't about imposing justice. It's about lawful self-defense. If you're carrying with a viglante ideal about imposing justice, you are doing it for the wrong reason and are headed for trouble.

There's no telling what would have happened after the first and second and third punch. "Jogger beaten to death in midnight mugging" could have been the headline.

Since I began carrying I have imagined my own "second thoughts" and I have concluded I would probably feel human sorrow that I had to shoot and/or kill someone, but I would be all right with it. I've been to war, not on the front lines, I've never shot anyone personally but I've seen the results firsthand, and it's not something I can take joy in. But grim satisfaction...I'm OK with that.

The issue is not punishment or retaliation ("kill someone for punching you"). I know there's a feeling of righteous justice when we hear stories like this, but carrying isn't about imposing justice. It's about lawful self-defense. If you're carrying with a viglante ideal about imposing justice, you are doing it for the wrong reason and are headed for trouble.

There's no telling what would have happened after the first and second and third punch. "Jogger beaten to death in midnight mugging" could have been the headline.

Since I began carrying I have imagined my own "second thoughts" and I have concluded I would probably feel human sorrow that I had to shoot and/or kill someone, but I would be all right with it. I've been to war, not on the front lines, I've never shot anyone personally but I've seen the results firsthand, and it's not something I can take joy in. But grim satisfaction...I'm OK with that.

WN, thank you very much for posting this. I constantly am trying to be more Zen in life and this was a calming effect to a rather charged post. Still I understand all the emotion. It's scary out there, and the older I get, the less I feel like Superman when I was younger. I fear more and more each day about myself, and more so, my family.

There are so many incidents to point out why the fear is justified, look anywhere in this nation. But this point you've given, gives another path to a person like myself, who doesn't have a CCW yet. It's easy the fear that is there and be replaced by the want for Justice, instead of Protection.

It's enough to fear the BG's, I don't need to start fearing GG CCW holders whom I may be cross with.

Thanks for the post.

Good show, Jogger-naut!

Love it! LOL
Did anyone hear the story about the carjacking victim who shot the carjacker with his own gun? Where was that, when, and what's the full story?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back