Going to Philly

Rooks1

FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHT!
Headed to Philly next week for a convention, I have my PA non-res carry permit. But my question is as follows: Does Philly have similar laws to NYC where you have to have a city specific permit to possess a pistol? Or can some one point me in the right direction to investigate this?

Headed to Philly next week for a convention, I have my PA non-res carry permit. But my question is as follows: Does Philly have similar laws to NYC where you have to have a city specific permit to possess a pistol? Or can some one point me in the right direction to investigate this?

You should be good to go, PA is about the same as the other 37 or 38 states that accept each other permit, i know this cause I move south from upstate NY, just across the state line from Scanton PA, not sure about CC or OP, that is probably a local thing

the short answer is no, if your home permit is recognized by PA it is good in Philadelphia as well, that said the Philadelphia PD has been known to make up laws, rules and regs on their own whims so be careful while carrying there.

Notes on Philly

Print and read the following:

http://paopencarry.org/pdfs/Pennsylvania_Gun_Rights.pdf

Downtown transit stops coming from the Airport PHL

• 30th Street - Essentially AMTRAK. Avoid unless checking gun as if at the airport.
  • Suburban - Entrances at Broad, 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th streets are where you can easily access the Regional Rail section that do not require going through private property. The ones at 16th, 17th and 18th are just stairwells in the sidewalk with big signs saying "Concourse" and "Regional Rail Suburban Station".
  • Market East - Entrance on the back side on Filbert Street leads directly to the station, and the Convention Center entrances are City Property. Avoid Market East at all costs though after dark due to the fact that it's overrun by the area bums. The Gallery entrance (locked when closed) involves private property and may be a no-guns allowed death zone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back