Going to ohio...

40 compact

this weekend from Indiana,have a permit to carry here but know that Ohio does not honor it. will i be able to take my handgun with me in the glove box or would i be in serious do do if something happened such as a traffic accident.

My understanding from a friend I have in Ohio that is a LEO the gun must be in trunk and unloaded. It cannot be within reach of anyone in vehicle.

Obviously you know the laws for Indiana. If Ohio does not honor indiana's permit, then having it in the glove box is NOT ALLOWED. In order to carry a loaded weapon anywhere in a vehicle you must have a permit. And Ohio considers the magazine "the gun". Meaning you must remove the cartridges for the magazine or else you still have a "loaded weapon". Hopefully that is enough info

look up Ohio gun rights on Google, but as far as I know if you keep the gun unloaded in a case in your trunk and the ammo located in your glove compartment you should be alright. I myself am going to Ohio next month to see my 7th grandchild and luckly for me WVA & Ohio accecpts VA CCP holders, but I haven't been able to verify if I can conceal carry while driving through these states. All I've been able to read is about Non-CCP people carrying in there car, which is a no-no, I get tired when I can't find the specific info I need. Good Luck on your search, it will probley be a ***** finding your correct answer.

Download ccw laws app on your smart phone, if not just go to arty gen website for the state u want and look it up, here in Kansas you can carry loaded anywhere in veh w/o ccw as long as not concealed on your body!! Exception few city ordinances!

You would be illegal. Since Indiana is not recognized. You can have the handgun, unloaded (this means all magazines unloaded as well... Yes I know that's stupid and there are some ballots going on to rectified that) in a closed container.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back