Gock 19 or M&P 9mm

vz3s5h

I'm looking for my first CC pistol & not sure if I should get the glock 19 or the m&p 9. I like both. I have shot the sub compacts & hate the feel of them. I was thinking gen 4 on the glock.

Don't wanna come off sounding like a fanboy here but you should really consider the Glock..The Smith and Wesson is good but its based off the Glock..so why buy something that's "like" a Glock and not just get the real thing.

Glock, Glock, Glock! Simple, Reliable, Consistent, Accurate, Safe (3 internal safety mechanisms).

I, personally, would only carry a Glock for CC self-defense. It is simple to operate in high-stress encounters (consistent trigger pull, no external safety to switch on/off, great 4 gross motor skills). Totally reliable and dependable. No extra gadgets or sticky-outs to catch on things. I have the 19 & 26. Hubby has the 17, 19, & 26. We all have A-Grip wraps on the grips. I have Big Dot sights. Those are the only modifications we have made. Thousands and thousands of rounds through each one - absolutely NO FAILURES TO FIRE/Feeds.

Husband says he's never shot an M&P but hears they have made improvements on them, especially the trigger pull. Others who have used them say they are great pistols. Hubby has gripped the M&P and says the feel is very comfortable but the Glock actually fits better (with no gaps) which would be more stable while actually shooting.

I have the M&P in 40 cal and 45. Love both carry the 45 in a black hawk CQC every day have fired hundreds and hundreds of rounds with no issues. Would recommend the M&P line to anyone without any worries.

You might want to check out Hickok45 on YouTube for excellent and thorough gun reviews/demonstrations.

I have the Glock 19, and my friend bought a S&W M&P -- he now wishes he had the Glock because of the trigger pull being exactly the same each and every shot. He also likes the grip angle better on my Glock.

Handle them both, shoot both (if you can) -- then make a decision.

The M&P is a better sidearm in my opinion and as a result has taken a very deep cut into the Glock's share of the LE market for a reason. However you have to choose for yourself which YOU like best without worry of what the "Flock" thinks.

Own a glock23 gen4 and. M&p 40 like them both. Try them both if u can. I m more accurate with the m&p over 40 ft.

You need to handle both weapons.

I own the M&P Shield and I like the feel of the molded grip over the Glock 26.

I also like single stack for conceal which is not an option with a Glock.

Russ

Shield has the best trigger of the M&P line.

I realize you are talking a larger platform in the Glock 19 and M&P but honestly I have no interest in shooting my XD 45 when I can shoot my Shield with the extended magazine. Call me crazy but I don't see buying another full size handgun after owning a Shield.

I wanted the M&P but it was to friggin expensive! I guess that S&W doesn't care about us "little guys" and just wants to go for the gold with police and military contracts.
I at least did buy American. I bought a Ruger SR40.

Go to the range and try both... then decide which one you like most. I ended up liking the M&P more...

I wanted the M&P but it was to friggin expensive! I guess that S&W doesn't care about us "little guys" and just wants to go for the gold with police and military contracts.

Link Removed

You can't go wrong with either. I bought 2 handguns this year (full size & compact). Both times, I wanted a Glock but couldn't pass up the feel of the M&P. I shoot both fine, the M&P line just feels better in my hand. Still, I wouldn't mind having a Glock. It's not like you can ever have enough handguns!

Buy american the job you save might be your own!!!!!

I take this into consideration when shopping. As with anything I buy new, I told myself that as long as the product is of the same quality and I am not giving up any of the features I need, I would buy an American made handgun.

I don't know what prices are like now, but when I was shopping, the M&P line was pretty much the same as the Glocks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back