Glock polymer and Break Free Powder Blast

glocknload

Anyone know of any problems using Break Free Powder Blast in the frame of a Glock? On the can it says to take care to avoid rubber and plastic parts. I read that this product does not bother the Glock (I don't think anything bothers a Glock) but it can turn the Ruger polymer white. My inquiring mind wants to know.

Why would you spray the frame? Just take the slide off and barrel off and just use it on that. The "lower" generally isn't all that dirty anyway, but I can't answer your question because I don't own a Glock or use that specific product. Although one time I did think a trigger guard was metal and dropped it into a bowl of a similar cleaner with very undesired results...oops...

Buddy you have anser your post .Its a glock .U Can use break cleaner if u want to .your not gonna hurt anything on the gun at all .

Why would you spray the frame? Just take the slide off and barrel off and just use it on that. The "lower" generally isn't all that dirty anyway, but I can't answer your question because I don't own a Glock or use that specific product. Although one time I did think a trigger guard was metal and dropped it into a bowl of a similar cleaner with very undesired results...oops...

Should have been more clear....cleaning the parts inside the frame was my thought. I know, I know y'all, that some say that Glocks don't need to be cleaned. But, being a neat freak with a touch of OCD, I was thinking a little attention to this area would be a good thing.

I never encourage anyone to spray anything on a gun to clean it. Gun Scrubber, Remington Action Cleaner all do a great job of removing carbon and crud from guns. The also remove every molecule of oil from all metal surfaces. Some of those surfaces you can't get at through normal field stripping. This will case rust and corrosion. One prime example is the grip safety pin on the Springfield XD's. I've seen several pins rusted solid to the lever. The saftey levers became stuck in and the pins had to be hammered out.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back