Glock ejection

Do you have Glock ejection pattern problems

• Yes, but doesn't bother me enough to do anything.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Yes, and I've done something about it (chosen different gun, gunsmithing, returned to Glock)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, don't experience it.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • I don't shoot Glocks.

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

BUmmedic

Okay, this is the third time I'm typing this post because my browser has crashed and lost this twice before. Annoying.

Newer Glock owner, G19 and G26, both Gen 4, and experiencing some erratic ejection with the G19 (haven't shot the G26 enough to know). Both bought new, both with test fires within the past year, and both should be have the newest builds/parts. In 200 rounds today, took it in the face twice and on the forearm twice. Otherwise, pretty consistent 4:30-5 o'clock ejection 2-3 feet away. Fumbles seem to happen during last few rounds, so spring tension/compression force may at least partly be to blame. Ammo shot was 115gr Blazer Brass, Federal Champion, and Winchester white box. Haven't shot enough of my HST 124gr (+P) to notice if it happens with that, too.

Unlike some Glock owners on other forums, this doesn't not bother me enough to make me rethink my decision, abandon Glock, or call someone in Smyrna. I've always been an XDm guy, but to consolidate and standardize for all the shooters in the family, Glock seemed like a good way to go. I was initially disappointed in my accuracy, but as I've shot them more and more, that's improved greatly and they're becoming more and more comfortable to shoot. With 2/1 COM/head drills today, I only missed the target twice, both head shots, and both while moving. I did have some pinky finger pinching early on, but have since adjusted my grip to avoid this little annoyance.

I just wanted to get other people's opinions and thoughts on the subject. If you think I'm being too picky, feel free to tell me to go to hell and just enjoy shooting my guns :tongue:

I've heard about this enough to realize that this most likely is a problem for others. However, I'm a Glock armorer and quite frankly, haven't seen this issue with anyone's firearms.

I've owned three different Glocks and have not had this issue with any of them.

The only time my ejections are a problem is when I'm at qualifications and the guy three feet to my right keeps getting pelted by my casings.

Don't think I've shot it enough to get it dirty in there. Less than 300 rounds. Definitely not broken in yet.

I've also heard that there was a string of serial #'s to avoid a while back, but can't remember which or why.

My son got a glock 19 gen 4 and had problems because the slide spring was made for the military and was to strong for some of the lighter loads he had.When he called the company they sent him another lighter spring (no charge) and he has not had any trouble since.

The only time my ejections are a problem is when I'm at qualifications and the guy three feet to my right keeps getting pelted by my casings.

I don't see how that's a problem...for you at least. :p Just make sure you stand on the left end of the line.

You may have accidentally purchased a homeboy Glock. It ejects at a different angle because it is gripped differently. Either swap out the ejector or replace the sights with these.

Luke 11:21 When a strong man, fully armed, guards his estate, his possessions are secure.

Luke 22:36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.”

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back