Glock 42 Owners... Honest Opinions Needed

Dash13a

Hey there Glock people. Looking at getting the Glock 42, which would be my first Glock if I decide to go that route.

What has been your experience with the 42? Do you love it? What's it been like? Thanks!

Hey there Glock people. Looking at getting the Glock 42, which would be my first Glock if I decide to go that route.

What has been your experience with the 42? Do you love it? What's it been like? Thanks!

Get yourself a Ruger SR9 and save yourself a lot of problems

Absolutely love mine. Can't find a more accurate 380 out there. I've had lcps, p380s, etc, and the 42 is miles ahead in terms of accuracy and ease of maintenance. If you are familiar with glocks, then this will fit right in. A bit big for a pocket, but perfect for an iwb holster.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using USA Carry mobile app

Get yourself a Ruger SR9 and save yourself a lot of problems

Exactly what (problems) are you speaking of, the Ruger is a ok gun gun but certainly no better than a Glock, unless you just don't like Glocks? besides your compareing 9mm against a 380 ?

Buster04: Ruger SR9 (full-size 17+1 in 9mm) vs. Glock 42 (sub-compact slimline 6+1 in .380ACP) are not really comparable. They are different classes of handguns. I suggest to think before posting.

Dash13a: Why the Glock 42 as your first Glock? I am just curious.

Buster04: Ruger SR9 (full-size 17+1 in 9mm) vs. Glock 42 (sub-compact slimline 6+1 in .380ACP) are not really comparable. They are different classes of handguns. I suggest to think before posting.

Dash13a: Why the Glock 42 as your first Glock? I am just curious.

Hey dackweed I made a suggestion to the poster nowhere did I make a comparison to the two calibers I suggest you think before posting.

Hey dackweed I made a suggestion to the poster nowhere did I make a comparison to the two calibers I suggest you think before posting.

Your post was not a suggestion, rather a statement without substance. You were asked by two other posters to provide more details on the Glock 42 problems you are referring to. Well, are you now ready to do that? Are you able to present a more substantive argument?

Your post invited a comparison. Otherwise, why would you make such a statement in the first place? Do you NOT want the OP to compare your suggestion to his? Your post is not only a comparison of calibers (9mm vs. .380 ACP), but also of gun sizes (full-size 17+1 vs. sub-compact slimline 6+1). I find the suggestion of a full-size gun to someone who decided on a sub-compact odd, to say it kindly.

I can make a number of suggestions as well, such as Glock 19, Glock 26, Kahr PM9 or Taurus TCP. That list would be pretty long and at some point would also include an AR pistol. That's why I asked for some more information on the poster's choice.

No need to call names, by the way.

Your post was not a suggestion, rather a statement without substance. You were asked by two other posters to provide more details on the Glock 42 problems you are referring to. Well, are you now ready to do that? Are you able to present a more substantive argument?

Your post invited a comparison. Otherwise, why would you make such a statement in the first place? Do you NOT want the OP to compare your suggestion to his? Your post is not only a comparison of calibers (9mm vs. .380 ACP), but also of gun sizes (full-size 17+1 vs. sub-compact slimline 6+1). I find the suggestion of a full-size gun to someone who decided on a sub-compact odd, to say it kindly.

I can make a number of suggestions as well, such as Glock 19, Glock 26, Kahr PM9 or Taurus TCP. That list would be pretty long and at some point would also include an AR pistol. That's why I asked for some more information on the poster's choice.

No need to call names, by the way.

Dam dude you sound way to civilized to be posting here, LOL.....quick take, Buster has a Ruger SR9 and anybody that don't is a dackweed?

Hickok45 has a couple of videos about the Glock 42:

[video=youtube;LskihWv3ALw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LskihWv3ALw[/video]

Here is the second Glock 42 video:

[video=youtube;WZvgZMEfxRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WZvgZMEfxRI[/video]

I got to hold one the other day. Totally helpful, right? :biggrin:

Felt pretty good (much better than other Glocks for me), but-- again, I'm just holding it-- it didn't compare to the Sig P238. Granted, neither is what I'm going to be looking for when I have a budget again, but that's besides the point!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back