Glock 42 .380 ladies thoughts...

TheNeilFactor

When I saw the new Glock 42 come out I immediately thought "this will be the gun my wife will carry"
Personally I carry a Glock 27 (.40) and love the simplicity/reliability/concealment of it, but it is much for my queen. Question for the ladies here is if you have had a chance to shoot it yet and what your thoughts are on it? Also, maybe even throw in what you do carry? Thanks in advance..

telpinaro

Heard a lot of good things about the Glock 42 from some of the very few who have tried one... never tried one, though. I'm not very interested... I carry the Shield, about the same size but in 9mm and larger capacity. So, doesn't appeal to me.

finnenmacraugh

My wife tried one but didn't like it much. She said it works fine but didn't like the feel of the weapon in her hand. For her "small" conceal weapon she choose the S&W Shield .40 and when she carries full size she uses a XDM .40 4".

wolf_fire

I'm no lady, nor female in any way shape or form, but I posted a report on my new G42.

Link Removed

I hope this helps.

Naomi80

Saw it at the range. Will try it the next time I get to go.......wonder how it compares to my walther 380.

telpinaro

I have tried this one now, and I liked it quite a lot. Easy to shoot, and not much in the way of muzzle flip. Would have liked it more if my fingers weren't so long that the magazine release didn't jam into the tip of my trigger finger every time I shot it! Quite painful, but other than that it was good.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

mdleow

My husband carries the G27 and the G17 (gen1-his original duty weapon). I carry a M&P Shield in 9mm. I prefer the fit in my hand. Instead of getting a survey of other women, I suggest you take her to a range that rents guns and let her fire the G42 along with a few others and she can tell you what is most comfortable for her. It is a very individual thing. Hubs and I are both looking at the S&W Bodyguard .380 for a very light conceal carry. Much better for summer months when clothes are light.

telpinaro

My husband carries the G27 and the G17 (gen1-his original duty weapon). I carry a M&P Shield in 9mm. I prefer the fit in my hand. Instead of getting a survey of other women, I suggest you take her to a range that rents guns and let her fire the G42 along with a few others and she can tell you what is most comfortable for her. It is a very individual thing. Hubs and I are both looking at the S&W Bodyguard .380 for a very light conceal carry. Much better for summer months when clothes are light.

Obviously you'll still have to try for yourselves, but while I LOVE my 9mm Shield, I really disliked the .380 Bodyguard! The trigger wasn't stiff, but it was so very very long it was nearly touching the grip before it fired. Did not work for me at all! :smile: I wound up with the Taurus TCP instead.

MDT

Of the strikerfire pistols, I like the M&P Shield better than the Glock 42. I don't like the LONG trigger pull on the Bodyguard either! My favorite "small" pistol is the Sig P938 but it is not a strikerfire pistol.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
medialodge