Glock 31 Round Magazines

Has anyone ever bought and used the 31rnd aftermarket magazines (Happy Sticks) for .40 S&W Glocks? I'm curious to know your thoughts, if so. I have a friend who purchased one and used it, firing from a G-23. He said:

Some trouble to report on the humungo-mag. First set of 31 bullets that went through it were great; no missfeeds or loading trouble. But the second time I used it, the bullets started catching in the magazine and nosing down, locking the action back as though the mag was empty. This happened at least three times and required that I remove the mag, snap the stuck round back into alignment, then replace the mag and close the breach again.

Maybe it needs more lubrication. Either way, it's a funny visual gag, but I wouldn't trust it in an actual live-fire situation.
I also have a couple of these mag's, but have only loaded one and have not shot it. I'd rather not load the others as I'll trade them as never loaded if they're consistantly unreliable.

Last edited:
I purchased two of these after market Glock magazines for my .40 sub2k. I have had about the same experience. The rounds don't travel properly through the mag often become stuck. The more rounds you load the greater the chance of a miss-feed. If you load around 12 rounds everything seems the feed and function fine but forget about loading the mag to its maximum capacity. It's fine for the range but I would not trust my life with it. I wish Glock would make one for the .40

Well, dang. :cry: You're the second person from a gun forum to make mention of the nose down problem. I've looked at the one I've got loaded, unloaded it twice manually w/o any issues and had hoped mayhap he just had a bad mag.

Thanks for the response, regardless. I'd appreciate anyone else relaying their experiences w/these mag's, as well.

I mentioned I purchased two of them. Both mags were lemons. I had hoped the first one was a fluke but was disappointed when I had the same type of malfunction with the second one. I failed to mention that in my post. I really wanted the 2nd one to work. A 15 round mag in a sub2k really sucks. It's empty before you know it.

I talked with a gun distributor that sells a bunch of Sub 2000's. He said that the reason that they sell so many of them set up for 9mm Glock is the 33 round mag that is available. He said he carries .40 and his Sub 2K is set up for 9mm Glock. +1 on a longer Glock mag for the .40.

I talked with a gun distributor that sells a bunch of Sub 2000's. He said that the reason that they sell so many of them set up for 9mm Glock is the 33 round mag that is available. He said he carries .40 and his Sub 2K is set up for 9mm Glock. +1 on a longer Glock mag for the .40.

I seriously considered the sub2k in 9mm but I have two Glock .40's and they all share the same magazines. That way post SHTF I have both a pistol and a carbine that shoot the same ammo and use the same mag. The sub2k is really an amazing carbine. I can make 100 yard shots all day long with it.

I really want to get a Sub2K. It'll be a good long while before I can affod one, tho. That is, unless I stumble upon one of those "too good to pass up" deals and I've got the extra cash.

On a related note, I went shooting again on Monday w/a friend down in Hot Springs and fired thru all three of the 31rnd mag's. Only had one jam in the G-22 - a failure to feed properly.

The one cheap 15rnd KCI - Korean manufactured - mag jammed up on me this time twice, and twice on my last excursion. It has now been relegated to sitting empty and will shortly be marked For Range Use Only. Be good to use as a training mag for clearing malfunctions during shooting, but I won't even keep it as a backup mag and will be the first thing I'm willing to trade during the coming ZPAW.

I really want to get a Sub2K. It'll be a good long while before I can affod one, tho. That is, unless I stumble upon one of those "too good to pass up" deals and I've got the extra cash.

On a related note, I went shooting again on Monday w/a friend down in Hot Springs and fired thru all three of the 31rnd mag's. Only had one jam in the G-22 - a failure to feed properly.

The one cheap 15rnd KCI - Korean manufactured - mag jammed up on me this time twice, and twice on my last excursion. It has now been relegated to sitting empty and will shortly be marked For Range Use Only. Be good to use as a training mag for clearing malfunctions during shooting, but I won't even keep it as a backup mag and will be the first thing I'm willing to trade during the coming ZPAW.

Here's my .40 Sub2k. It's a sweet shooter.

Do your iron sights work thru the Eotech?

KK

Yes they do. However I would like to remove the front sight post and install a MBUS on the rail. This is the best photo I can get with my camera of the view looking down the barrel through the sights. I have seen other Sub2K's with the front sight removed and a flash suppressor installed. They look rather unique. The rail was made by Kel-Tec so everything lines up correctly. I purchased it at a show for 25.00. Kel-Tec sells them through their web site for 99.00 so I got a really good deal and couldn't pass it up. The front grip folds up when the rifle is stored. It is a blast to shoot and since I reload .40's and have several Glocks I have plenty of ammo and mags for it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back