Glock 27

pistol

I am thinking about a Glock 27 for my carry. Would like any feed back on experiances with the Glock 27. Any deals out there? Thanks

The G27 is a nice pistol for carry. While I prefer a 1911, my 27 is seeing more use during the warmer months.

G-27 is one of my carry weapons. As stated above, It is very reliable. If you have bigger hands get the pinky +1 mag extensions as it made the world of difference to me. I would highly suggest putting Crimson Trace grips on it. Can be found for around $175. I turns it into a PHD gun(point here dummy) ;)

Pros:
1.)Reliability: you can bet your life on it going bang when it has to
2.)Small/Light
3.)Large amount of aftermarket "toys" (holster,trigger,guide rod... cheap too)
4.)Easy to clean
5.) Cheap ammo: I use Ranger "T" series (they replaced the Black Talons). $20 per 50rnds, great expansion.
6.)Magazine capacity: 11 rounds with extension
7.) Cheap: can be found for around $400 to $450
8.) Pretty darn accurate

Cons:
1.) It's a Glock, you either love it or hate it

My carry choices: Depending on what the situation is.
Link Removed

My choice of ammo. Cheap enough to use at the range ($20ish per 50rnds) Make sure to get the "t" series. bonded are for going through glass.
winchester_ranger_t2.jpg

My G27 is all I carry now. Like everyone else has stated I don't think you can buy a more reliable gun for the money. There are certainly more expensive guns on the market but very few approach the reliability of a Glock. Mine has the night sites installed. Or you can go for the laser as suggested above. I don't think I have ever seen a used one for sale but that doesn't mean you can't find them. If you can find one used buy it right away for it will be gone tomorrow. Around here they go for around 500.00 NIB. The plus one extension for the magazine is a good idea. All my magazines have them.

Another plus for the Glock is you can buy after market barrels that will shoot 9MM or .357 Sig. It takes about 20 seconds to change out the barrel. Pop in the appropriate mag and your GTG. If you happen to carry a Glock 22 and use the Glock 27 as a backup you can use the same magazine in the 27.

I am thinking about a Glock 27 for my carry. Would like any feed back on experiances with the Glock 27. Any deals out there? Thanks

Easiest deal: Join the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation.

Then you can get a nicely discounted Glock 1 time per year. The price plus the membership fee is still far below what you'll pay retail. Your dealer won't be able to come close.

Carried the 27 as soon as it came to the LEO store...

Now going to get a 33 to repalce it.:to_pick_ones_nose:

I like the .357 sig caliber better so does the Texas Dept. of Public Safety that is our highway patrol. :yu::yu::yu:

Great choice!! I have had my G27 for almost four years and love it. It is a little snappy BUT very controllable to me. I find it very easy to conceal and carry. I would recommend a good belt (Beltman is my choice), a good holster and lots of practice.

I do not use any magazine extensions on mine. If I put an extension on it I may as well just carry a G23 instead. I also carry a G23 magazine as a backup for the G27.

I have never had any problems with mine and I have well over 5,000 rounds through it.

What you really need to do is try one out at a range first just incase you don't like it. Maybe someone you know has one and will let you try it out.

You can also purchase a 9MM conversion barrel and G26 magazines and you have a 9MM as well. Just incase you didn't know about this.

GAP Floorplates

I highly recommend the GAP floorplates from Concealable Control. They don't increase the size of the grip, but they definitely increase the gripablility of the mini Glocks.

G A P H O M E

It's a brilliant invention and worth the money.

Here's a video:
YouTube - Concealable Control Glock Subcompact

I am not affiliated in any way with the company, just really impressed with the product.

I highly recommend the GAP floorplates from Concealable Control. They don't increase the size of the grip, but they definitely increase the gripablility of the mini Glocks.

G A P H O M E

It's a brilliant invention and worth the money.

Here's a video:
YouTube - Concealable Control Glock Subcompact

I am not affiliated in any way with the company, just really impressed with the product.

I just put one of these on my glock 27 today. It makes an amazing difference on keeping a good grip on the baby glocks. The gun no longer slips from my fingers from recoil now. This ensures that your bottom finger stays where its supposed to. Also gives your pinky somthing to brace around the bottom of the magazine as well.

AND you get 2 of them for $20. Amazing part for the price.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back